Best Dining Tables For Small Spaces (That Expand!)
Small spaces often tend to provide restricted opportunities for homeowners when making room for dining tables. If you are facing any similar concerns regarding the spacing issues of your dining table, then you should check out the latest trend in convertible dining tables. Wouldn’t it be great to find the best tables for small spaces that expand? In fact, the convertible dining tables are specifically designed to cater to the requirements of those people who need a dining area with the possibility of converting it into a space for usage for other purposes. Thus, the convertible dining tables not only provide the benefit of the dining area, but also enables you to use it for other purposes. Moreover, the convertible dining tables not only bring the glam quotient to your room but also make it quite effective for you to convert it into a working table that adds to your convenience also.
The Best Dining Tables For Small Spaces That Expand To Seat More
If you are facing space constraints for dining table, then you must check out our recommended products that would offer a solution to this problem.
Let’s get started with the review of the top ranking convertible dining tables for small spaces.
The given dining table is ideally designed for the small spaces. It becomes a dining table when its leaves are opened and easily converts into the console table with its leaves being drop down. It comes equipped with amazing white finish and immaculusly designed in weathered gray color. Its easy to assemble and the user can easily follow the instruction guidelines and do it himself.
- The given dining table is highly recommended for small spaces as its drop down leaves make it a great option to be used as console.
- It makes a superb dining table with drop leaves being opened up quite easily.
- It is highly cost effective and proves value for money.
- It has got the benefit of free shipping.
- It provides ample leg room that makes it possible for 4 to 6 people to use it as a dining table.
- It is maintenance friendly and proves a good option for space constraint areas.
- The assembly instructions may be a bit of concern for a very few users.
- Some people found the difficulty in alignment of the screws into the pre drilled holes.
A sturdy and efficient dining table that helps to make your space look more beautiful and well arranged. A highly recommended product having amazing design, along with being so cost effective and durable in the long run.
if you intend to buy the premium quality dining table that not only offers you the space solution, but also adds to the décor of your place, then you should try out the WINSOME LYDEN drop down leaf dining table. It’s a premium quality product that comes equipped with the provision of an ample table top surface that is 30” square. Along with it, the surface of the drop down leaf with 18”W X 30” D that makes it highly productive and amazing dining table.
- The given dining table is a great addition to the home décor as its superior quality finish makes it completely amazing.
- It is considered a perfect choice for homes that do have space constraints as it easily fits into small places.
- It is also a great option to be used as a kitchen table as it can be used in the kitchen area with ease.
- It is designed with solid wood that is complimented with antique walnut finish.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- It’s a cost effective wooden table that comes with stylish design to be easily used in small apartments.
- A few users have found it a bit small for accommodating six people.
The dining table is highly recommended for small areas and kitchens as its sturdy built and ample table top space makes it a great purchase.
Extendable Space Saving Modern Dining Table, Transforms From a Console Table or Desk to a Large Dining Table That Seats Up to Twelve, By MiniMax Décor:
If you want to buy an expanding dining table that gives you an ample spacing solution by converting from a desk and console to dining table, then you must think about buying this product. It arrives with the provision of five sections that can added or removed according to the requirement. It’s designed with great finesse that makes it highly relevant choice for all those décor enthusiasts who prefer quality and performance. Moreover, its sturdy built makes it durable that enhances its usability and performance.
- The dining table is made from high quality MDF that makes it long lasting and more efficient.
- It is extremely convenient to use the dining table as you can expand it according to your specific requirements.
- It is available in four different colors that allow the users to pick the one as per their choice.
- It arrives with the provision of 5 leaves and the user can add as many leaves as per the requirement.
- It can be simply used as a console table, card table, kitchen table, or as a conference table in your office area.
- The legs of the table have been designed with wheels that make them highly manageable.
- A very few users found it bit difficult to assemble.
- The support for middle legs of the table needs improvement.
The given dining table is a true value for your money as it allows the users to adjust the table according to their specific requirements.
These expandable dining table options for small spaces will solve your space problems and are highly recommended by users. Thus, before going in for any table, just give a little thought on the space and other utilization for the convertible tables. Make sure to find the right expanding dining table that fits in the budget as well as looks elegant in the work or dining area.
How Much Space around a Dining Table?
For the comfort of you and your guests, there should be a certain amount of space around the dining room table. Knowing exactly how much space around a dining table you’ll need will help you to find the perfect dining table for your dining room.
You’ll also need to keep in mind the surface area needed for serving or decorative plates to be placed around the dining table. For this, here’s a good rule of thumb to keep in mind: each place setting needs about 24” of space, or 12” on either side, to prevent guests from bumping elbows.
You should also keep in mind that having the dining table centered in the room makes the aesthetic appeal of the room come together more easily. The dining table should be equidistant from any two opposite walls.
How Far Should a Dining Table Be from the Wall?
In most cases, there should be 36” of space between each place setting on a table and the nearest wall or other obstruction, according to SFGate. This allows guests plenty of room to get in and out of their chairs without bumping into the table or wall, and also allows diners to sit in the manner that is most comfortable for them.
Some settings call for different amounts of space, though. For example, if people will be walking behind chairs placed at the table, a wider space of 54 or more inches is necessary. In this case, as much space as possible is great, as long as the table can be evenly spaced from walls and other obstructions.
How Much Room for Dining Table and Chairs?
In order to make diners comfortable and the dining room appear beautiful as well as functional, it’s good to think in terms of the total area of the room that the dining table and chairs take up.
A good rule of thumb is for the surface of the table to take up, at most, 1/3 of the room’s total area. While a massive dining table looks impressive and can seat many guests, it simply won’t work if it takes up half of the room.
That’s because in addition to the dining table itself, the chairs take up a significant amount of area. Chairs need room to be pulled out enough that guests can easily get into and out of them. Each chair also needs space on either side of it so that guests can eat comfortably.
Where to Buy Dining Tables?
There are two major places to buy dining tables: online and in-store. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Buying in-store often involves higher prices, as well as either having to take it home yourself or pay for delivery. Buying online is often cheaper, but you don’t have the same chance to look at and feel the table in person before committing.
Either way you go, it’s important to consider the actual dimensions of the table—which can often be easier while buying online. Tables may look larger or smaller in the showroom or in pictures than they will in your dining room, so be sure to get the proper measurements of length, width, and height.
So, hopefully with these three excellent choices you have a place to start to find that perfect dining room table. Not only can it be a dining table for small spaces that expands or one that converts to a smaller footprint, it will be one that works well with your space requirements and usage.