Best Folding Electric Treadmills
If yours is a small compact home, then you most likely are limited in the number of things that you can buy and add in your house. Therefore, you need to wisely set your priorities and buy only the essential and most important things. During such circumstances, some people tend to give lower priority to items that could have actually helped them lead a healthy lifestyle. A good example of such items that need not be ignored, even if living in a small home, is the treadmill.
However, most people don’t find it practical to set aside a particular space or entire room, just so as to fit in a workout treadmill. So, how can you ensure that you maintain an healthy lifestyle, while still saving space in your home? Well, you can consider getting for your small apartment a space-saving folding treadmill.
Folding treadmills are simply the perfect solutions for homes that have cramped spaces. These types of treadmills offers more advantages than just saving on space, as will be discussed later on in this article. Read on, also, to find out which folding treadmills are most recommended for you.
Best Reviewed Folding Treadmills
The market today offers a wide range of folding treadmills, each different in quality, design, costs and other unique features. The following are 6 of the best reviewed folding treadmills that you would do well to consider buying for your cramped house:
SereneLife Folding Treadmill – Foldable Electric Treadmill
Unlike with most treadmills, the control interface of the SereneLife folding treadmill has fewer operations. Yet, these fewer operations perform as many functions as those performed by treadmills with more complex control interfaces. This makes the SereneLife folding treadmill an ideal simple treadmill for all types of users.
In addition to its folding design, this particular treadmill is also designed with wheels. These wheels increase the portability of the machine, such that it can be easily moved to any locations. It also constitutes a stable suction cup, which keeps the treadmill in a safe and stationary position when under use.
For more intense workouts, the treadmill features 12 different running speeds. The folding treadmill is also designed with an LCD display, which clearly shows essential workout data, such as the speed and distance covered. During emergencies, users can press the built-in safety key to shut down the treadmill.
- Treadmill dimensions – 50" L x 24" W x 49.2" H | Folded dimensions – 25.2” L x 24” W x 49.2” H | Weight – 60 lbs. | Maximum user weight – 265 lbs. | Tread Belt – 39.37” L x 15.74” W | Speed – 0.6 to 6.0 MPH | Inclination – 3 levels
- The compact treadmill for small spaces has LCD display w/ touch button controls. Displays run time, distance, speed, calories burned, heart rate w/ running data statistics readout and hand grip sensors for BPM pulse monitoring
- The SereneLife Smart Folding Treadmill with incline features a hassle-free electric motorized plug in design. This compact slim running machine is portable and has a convenient hydraulic folding style for easy setup and storage
- Get connected w/ the ‘FitShow’ app on your device via bluetooth. Allows you to record and review training data, display training stats and challenge friends, and share fitness data on social media. Works w/ Android, iPhone, tablet
- Use the adjusters to manually set incline levels. Keeps you safe w/ integrated safety key emergency power off function. Features built-in book/magazine tray and cup holder. Used for walking, jogging, as home gym running equipment
Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill, 2.25HP Under Desk Electric Treadmill
- Innovative 2-In-1 Folding Treadmill: Goplus 2-in-1 treadmill has 2 modes to meet your different sports needs. When the riser is folded, it can be used as a jogging machine at a speed of 1-4km/h. When the handrail is raised, the running speed is 1-12km/h.
- Powerful 2.25hp Quiet Motor and Shock Reduction System: With a powerful and quiet 2.25HP motor, this treadmill allows you to walk or run quitely. With a sturdy and durable steel frame and multi-layer shield design, it's shock-absorbing and noise-reducing.
- Non-Slip Running Belt and Multifunctional Led Display: The 5-layer non-slip texture running belt features a spacious running area, providing a safe cushion for your knees and muscles. The LED display clearly shows time, speed, distance and calories.
- With Bluetooth Speaker and Remote Control: Connect the treadmill to your phone through Bluetooth, so you can play music while you are exercising. The remote control is convenient to adjust the speed of movement and stop instantly.
- Easy To Move And Store and Hassle-Free Warranty: The foldable design and built-in transport wheels make it easy to move and store this under desk treadmill. It has a one-year warranty and CE, ROHS,CB,EN957,IEC certifications by SGS.
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Large 16" X 50" Walking/running surface
- Large 5 inch LCD display is easy to read and keeps you updated on speed, incline, time, distance, calories, and pulse
- Speed range 0. 5 -10 MPH allows for users of all fitness levels.Pull the knob to release the deck to fold or unfold
- 12 preset programs offer unmatched variety for your workouts
- 3 Manual incline settings allow for maximum variety. Side rails: plastic. Belt: 1 ply, 1. 4mm
MaxKare Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Running Machine
- MaxKare treadmill equipped with large LCD display and 15 Pre-set programs, easy One-touch operation helps you enjoy the joy of running at home. You can monitor real-time data for each exercise, including speed, time, calories, distance and heart rate.
- MaxKare running machine is equipped with a powerful and pure copper motor which can not only bring you a silent running experience but also adjust the running speed from 0.5 to 8.5MPH
- 17 inch wide Multi-layer tread belt and world first whole machine anti-shock system can withstand a maximum weight of 220 pounds. Which bring a better running experience and at the same time protect your knees to the maximum to prevent injury during exercise.
- Foldable design not only helps you easily assembly the treadmill, but also helps you to Store/Move the treadmill in small space.
- We provide 24/7 friendly customer service, if you have any problem with our product, please fell free to contact with us through Amazon.
Fannay Electric Folding 2 in One Treadmill
ANCHEER Folding Treadmill, Under Desk Smart Electric Treadmill
- US STOCK✦P1-P12 Programs & Multifunctional LCD Screen✦ Built-in 12 workout programs with large LCD displays time, distance, speed, calories burned and pulse. The lcd console can also as Ipad/mobile phone holder, you can talk with your friends or watch movies when you work out on the treadmill. Manual mode P1-P12 programs to meet your different fitness goals at the touch of a button.
- ✦Compact & Space Saver Design✦ Super fast and easy assembly. This ANCHEER folding treadmill boasts a compact footprint and fast folding design with convenient transportation wheels to easily folded vertically for upright storage or laid flat and roll it under the bed, Pefect for home , dormitory, office use.
- ✦Shock Absorption & Quiet Powerful Vacuum Motor✦ Durable high quality steel frame and Level 6 damping system make your running more quiet & comfortable! Low noise motor and auto-stop safety function. Anti-slip anti-static lawn texture belt that absorbs impact and protects your knees and ankles.
- ✦Safety Design✦ ANCHEER folding treadmill had passed the test of ASTM standard and SGS certificatio. Come with safety key & emergency shut-off button to cut power instantly, which double protect you while working out.
- ✦100% Excellent Service✦ US STOCK,This electric treadmill had passed CE, ROHS,CB,EN957,IEC certifications by SGS. We provide you with the best quality products and the most attentive service. Free installation design! Received in folding size. Before used, you just need to put the screws on. Convenient and time-saving.
Goplus Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Power Fitness Running Machine
- Heavy-duty Construction -- Frame is made of high quality steel, has 220Lbs weight capacity, 38.2"L x14"W ruuning belt provides you more comfortable and more sturdy workout experience.
- Space Save Design & IPAD/Mobile Phone Holder -- Goplus treadmill can be easy folded, with wheels it is easy for moving and storage.Put your mobile phone or Ipad on the holder,you can talk with your friends or watch movies when you work out on this treadmill.
- Safety Guaranteed Design -- Safety Key connect you and the machine, emergency stop button on the handrail, which double protect you while working out.
- Multi-function LED Display & Handrails -- LED Mode: Heart rate, scan, speed(05-6.5MPH), distance, time and calories. Handrails have speed +/-, start/stop and heart rate test functions.
- Three Years Warranty -- We offer you 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to let you buy with confidence. We are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with DURABILITY, PORTABILITY and HIGH QUALITY of our treadmill.
NordicTrack T Series Treadmills
The Nordic Track T series consist of some of the most durable folding treadmills in the market. These treadmill packages usually constitutes a 1-year free iFit membership. iFit offers a more personalized coaching for its members. These treadmills support a maximum weight of 300 lbs.
The 2.6CHP motor of the Nordic Track treadmills gives these a high and lasting power. The treadmill also features different speeds of between 0-10 MPH, as well as a maximum incline of 10 degrees. These features allow users to experiment with all types of workouts, as well as carry out endurance training.
The built-in dual speakers and auxiliary port allow users to play music during workouts, promoting more fun workout experiences. The folding treadmill is also designed with a heart rate monitor which displays essential data during workout.
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 12-month iFit family membership included; create up to 5 individual exercise profiles; Access live, studio, and global workouts ($396 value)
- Immersive 10-inch interactive HD touchscreen streams on-demand iFit workouts directly to your equipment and provides easy stats tracking; SMART-Response motor for effective running and cardio training
- 10 % OneTouch incline control; 10 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; Your iFit Trainer auto-adjusts your smart treadmill’s speed and incline for a fully-optimized workout that meets your goals
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage; 20” x 50” tread deck offers plenty of leg and elbow space while you run
- 300-pound weight limit; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; For more warranty info visit iconservice.com; 54” H x 36” W x 73.5” L
This is the most outstanding benefit of folding treadmills. Most of the regular stationary treadmills are built with dimensions of 20 inches × 3.5 inches × 6 inches, or more. On the other hand, folding treadmills have much lesser dimensions, taking up very small amounts of space.
Therefore, even homes that have the tightest of spaces can comfortably use a folding treadmill, while receiving the same health and physical benefits offered by the regular treadmills.
2.) Easier Storage
When fully folded, folding treadmills occupy less space. Their foldability, therefore, makes it easier to store them when not in use. For instance, users can store these in the gymnasium, or even comfortably in tight space wardrobes and closets. Storing these folding treadmills when not in use helps to keep them safe, as well as prevent any accidents.
3.) Easier Cleaning
When cleaning the floor using a vacuum cleaner, or any other cleaning device, folding treadmills can simply be folded up. This allows for easier cleaning of the floor around and beneath them. On the other hand, regular treadmills cannot be folded up, which makes cleaning of the floor even tougher.
Folding treadmills are very portable machines. Their portability is due to their easy foldability and lesser weights. Therefore, when shifting from one place to another, you can easily move around and transport your folding treadmill in your truck or car trunk .
Folding treadmills usually incorporate advanced security features, such as unique lock systems. Such lock systems makes these treadmills more secure, minimizing any possible accidents, such as from kids and pets. These machines also include automated lifting and dropping systems, which add to the safety of the treadmills.
6.) High Quality
Some people tend to shy away from buying folding treadmills, fearing that these are much more inferior products, as compared to the regular stationary treadmills. However, most folding machines actually features more advanced technologies and features than their counterparts. The new and unique features included in these guarantee the high quality of the folding treadmills.
Folding treadmills are among the most stable types of treadmills you can find in the market. These are usually built with solid designs of high quality. Therefore, folding treadmills can even support regular exercise without ever feeling rickety or unsafe.
8.) Tracking Performance
Folding treadmills are usually designed with a visual display and timer, which display the amount of calories burnt, distance covered, and other important workout data. Such displayed statistics help users to track their performance, and hence, work towards attaining their set goals.
9.) Adjustable Speeds
Folding treadmills allow users to easily adjust the speeds; a feature which gives these an added advantage. Therefore, folding treadmill users can achieve a wide range of workouts, from the less intense to the most intense types of workouts.
Folding treadmills usually go for cheaper prices than the regular non-folding treadmills. Their prices range from $100 to $1,000, while their counterparts go for relatively higher prices. Folding treadmills simply make the most ideal types of workout machines, going for lower prices, while not sacrificing their quality.
The following are 5 tips on how you can easily maintain your folding treadmill;
1.) Place the Treadmill on Level Ground
Always place your treadmill on a level surface. Doing so ensures that the belt runs evenly along the treadmill’s deck. On the other hand, placing the treadmill on uneven ground could lead to the belt breaking down faster, or even sliding to a particular side, rather than running straight down the centre of the treadmill’s deck.
2.) Always Wipe Down the Treadmill
Each time you finish using your folding machine, wipe it down. This act helps to minimize unnecessary corrosion, especially of the treadmill’s belt and frame. Also, consider cleaning the console at least once a week, using a wet cloth.
3.) Clean Under the Treadmill’s Belt
This should be done on a monthly basis, using a damp cloth. When dirt accumulates under the belt of a folding treadmill, it usually leads to a faster breakdown of the belt. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you regularly clean under the deck and belt of your treadmill.
4.) Clean Around the Motor
Cleaning around the motor helps to eliminate any accumulated dust and dirt. When this debris accumulates around the motor, it could lead to the motor breaking down eventually. Hence, it is a good idea to regularly clean under the motor. Doing so ensures that the motor always runs at maximum efficiency.
5.) Regularly Lubricate the Belt
If your folding treadmill does not include a ‘self-lubricating belt,’ then regularly lubricate the belt manually. You can do this after every few months; how regular you lubricate usually depends on how much you use the folding treadmill.
Therefore, when using a folding treadmill, take into consideration the following 5 tips on how to ensure treadmill safety;
1.) Always Look Forward
It is not an uncommon thing for beginners and new trainees to focus on their feet while using the treadmill. However, looking down or sideways while on the treadmill increases the chances of losing balance and falling on the moving belt. Therefore, always ensure to keep your eyes looking forward whenever using the treadmill.
2.) Straddle the Deck
Before you can begin your workout on the folding treadmill, first straddle the deck. It is true that most treadmills start at a low pace, irregardless of the setting that was left on. However, sometimes this feature could malfunction and cause injuries if the user had already placed their feet on the belt before straddling the deck.
3.) Wear Proper Shoes
Some exercisers choose to use the treadmill while barefooted. However, going barefoot could lead to your developing blisters, burns and scrapes on your feet. This is because; the moving belt creates a lot of friction and heat when the treadmill is in use. Therefore, always ensure that you wear shoes that fit properly, each time you workout.
4.) Never Leave a Moving Treadmill
Any moving treadmill should first be shut down before a user can step off it. Even when taking a bathroom break, or answering the door, shut off the folding treadmill before you can leave it. Also, in case of injuries while working out, press the emergency shut off button, rather than carelessly stepping off the machine.
5.) Leave Enough Space
Sometimes, even the most experienced treadmill users can fall while working out. If there are things placed near the treadmill, a person could then hit their head or other body parts on these things, causing even more injuries. Therefore, ensure that you leave plenty of space around the treadmill, and avoid placing any items within this area.
With all the modern day work routines and plenty of junk foods, most people are becoming even more conscious about their health. However, unlike in the past, where only those with large apartments were in a better position to watch their health, you can now keep fit even in a small and cramped apartment.
The above discussed 6 best reviewed folding treadmills make it easier for those living in small apartments to maintain their health and keep fit. So, get yourself one of these, and enjoy their maximum benefits and advanced features, that even other regular treadmills can’t offer.