Desks For Small Spaces – 30 Amazing Finds
The Best Desks For Small Spaces
Space is becoming more and more of a commodity. In order to find a place to work these days it can mean spending a lot of money – but still only finding smaller and smaller spacial footprints. That’s where finding the best desk for your small space comes in. Because, if one wants more working space, the premiums they have to pay can be out of this world. And that’s why finding a small space desk is so very practical. Website’s like this one endeavor to find ways to get the most out of the limited space available, but with attractive solutions that work and that enhance your work space.
Desks come in a variety of sizes. I remember a previous boss I had had a “I’m The Boss” desk. It was HUGE! I dare to say it was probably the length and width of a twin bed – or at least it seemed that way. But not all home office spaces have the amount of space to hold a BOSS desk, but there are always options that can fit your available space.
Small desks are always easy to find. And if you’re in need of a desk for small spaces, you can’t go wrong with this category. In some cases, some have a hutch, some don’t but most times they can fit in a smaller room or den. And even within that small footprint you will find exactly what you need: a top space that has enough space for your computer or laptop, books, pens etc. They also may have file drawers included and a slide out keyboard tray. And depending on your space, you can find some corner desks that fit nicely within your dedicated office room or bedroom. “Student desks for small rooms” is good search term for this option, in that these type of desks rarely take up too much space. They are also just the right size for adults, and bigger and more useful than tiny kids size desks for bedrooms.
And to enhance the practicality and space saving features of these small space desks, you can do a search for “small office desks with storage”. There are also corner desks for tiny spaces to be found online as well. Finding these type of desks helps your save spacing in additional ways.
5 Best Small Desks For Your Small Space
Foldable desks are also a good idea for limited space. These come in many shapes and sizes. But what they have in common is that you can tuck them away when not in use and reclaim any space it once took. They look like (and basically are) foldable tables. . Except that many foldable tables are made for holding a number of people and have a larger top footprint. But foldable desks are many times not as long and more narrow; just the right size for a laptop or a monitor along with a little more surrounding space. And for those looking for a desk for small spaces that folds out the way, this category is perfect.
5 Best Foldable Desks
Wall Mounted Desks
Another way to use a desk within limited space is to use the many wall mounted desk options. These are also beneficial if you’re seeking a desk for small spaces with storage. The nice benefits of these type of desks is that they take up a small footprint on your wall when folded up and when needed they drop down or pull out to reveal just the right space for your laptop and keyboard. It’s good to place these types of desks where they light is the right setting for your use, for example, if you’ll be doing a lot of reading. They may not always have a space on the desk to place a lamp, so other lighting will be necessary. But if you’re using a laptop then lighting may not always be an necessity.
Drop Leaf Desk and Fold Out Convertible Desks
An attractive style of desk for those with small spaces is the drop leaf and fold out convertible desk varieties that are available. One can also search for Murphy desks as well. When one thinks of Murphy desks, the term Murphy Beds usually comes to mind. But in reality, they follow the same concept as the drop leaf and fold out desks. They basically are installed on the wall and drop down or pull out the desk space as needed.
These desks usually work the same way. They are wall mounted, have a drop down leaf that has a leg that secures the desk space. But you will find some drop leaf desks that don’t have a leg, but the way its designed, the stability of the desk is secured and stabilized by its housing. Many of the fold out convertible desks allow a space under the desk for a chair to conveniently settle underneath it for the desk look and feel. But usually, chairs are not included with their purchase.
Best Drop Leaf Convertible Desks
Floating desks also have a unique style to them. The are desks that are installed on the wall making them perfect small spaces. There aren’t any “legs” that get pulled out. You just pull up a seat and start working. They also too have a small footprint to them, but in many cases there is no drop down feature because the desk aspect is always at the ready. But in some cases they may have a pull out or drop down working space depending on the manufacturer. These floating desks come in a number of different flavors. Some are simple desks with limited features, while some have an array of shelves for books, small plants and more. You can even find corner floating desks that have an attractive, unique look. But you can definitely find one to suit your space and your personal taste.
5 Best Floating Desks
At times we would like our desks to move when we move. This is where mobile desks come in. Depending on your mobility needs there are a wide range of mobile desks at your disposal. And these mobile desks all can fit into your limited spacing parameters.
Ever been in bed but need to work? Need a desk for this smallest of small spaces? Laptop desks are the answer. These desks not only provide the space needed to hold your laptop but in some cases also holds it at a workable angle for your needs. What makes them efficient is the included legs, which give your laptop desk the stability you need if working on a floor or a bed. You will find some that just provide the needed space for a laptop but there also those that provide the space for your mouse as well. There are even some desks that can hold your laptop when you’re a little higher up than a lying down position, like on your knees for example. There are even harnesses that you can buy to attach to your laptop, so when sitting or walking, your laptop goes with you.
5 Best Laptop Desks
Mobile Standing Desks
But if you need the small footprint plus mobility a mobile standing desk or mobile standing workstation can fit the bill. Some who work from home or at an office like the ability to stand and work at their stations. And there are many health benefits to having a standing desk.
There a many standing desks out there with a large footprint, but some mobile standing desks give you the manageable workspace along with the mobility you need. The variety of standing mobile desks out there can include ones that have shelves for your computer console, files and more. And with the included wheels, you can move your desk with you as needed.
5 Best Mobile Standing Desks
Making The Right Choice
When searching for the best desks for your small space, there are definitely a lot of options. No matter what the your needs are for the space you have, there is a desk for tiny spaces solution for you. And if you’re looking for corner desks for your small space, there’s a number of excellent desks out there for you as well.
Finding Your Perfect Work space
The creativity of a smaller working space has become a norm in the world of big business and even in home offices. The flexible offices have a number of benefits to the customers, employers, and employees. Universally people prefer a smaller working space because it boosts productivity, lessens costs, and increases the bottom line in an ultimate way.
Smaller working spaces are golden because they give users complete control. In offices employees that are assigned into different tasks have full accessibility of sharing the same resources and tools. Modern offices give the owner mandate to mold the culture of the company and ensuring the output is always high.
Benefits of Mobile Desks
Improving productivity and efficiency at the workplace is the aim of any effective leader or manager in a business. One way to eradicate slow down and inconveniences at workplace is the introduction of mobile desks. A mobile desk increases productivity rate by allowing employees to do more tasks assigned to them. Mobile desks are super amazing because they can be wheeled around the business area in the most convenient place. Mobile desks contribute tremendously in creating freedom and morale to the employees. Switching between walking, standing, and sitting at your own desk is very crucial to your health.
What to Consider When Deciding on Which Small Space Desk to Purchase?
Whether you are searching to economize space at home office or in the workplace choosing a stylish and functional desk is obligatory. The factors to consider when purchasing a small space desk include comfort, purpose of the desk, shape, work habits, material for the desk, space, and storage.
- Comfort: Comfort is not a factor to disregard when selecting a small space desk. The desk height should fit the user, it should simply be in compatible with the chair and perfectly provide sufficient leg space.
- Purpose of the desk: The purpose of the desk assist you in deciding the appropriate to get; if it is for computing, paper work, writing, or reception.
- Shape: The shape of the desk you select should perfectly work in another area in case you opt to adjust in another working space.
- Work habits: Organized and neat individuals might have the taste for small desk for their task needs.
- Material for the desk: They are variety of materials that can be used to make a small space desk such as metal, wood, and laminate. Metal desks are appropriate for durability purposes. Wood is immaculately smart but not suitable for heavy or rough use, while laminate can endure daily abuse because it has plastic finish which is super durable.
- Space: You should carefully consider the place where the desk will be located and then get the measurement which is very necessary.
- Storage: Getting a small space desk for a small surface area is essential to reduce the incompatibility of storing the desk.
When Installing a Wall Mounted Desk, What Factors Should be Considered?
Wall mounted desks are darlings to most of the people because of their simplicity, practicality, and versatility. The factors that make them to be deeply loved by most people include height, storage, compatibility, and structure.
- Height: the most amazing factor with wall mounted desks height is that they are not fixed. The desks can be installed at any height so as to fit every individual. The wall bearing mounting height should be highly considered to suit in the workspace, dining, kitchen, bars, and living areas.
- Storage: the place to install the wall mounted desk should be comfortable to the user according to the needs. It can be mounted at any height and in variety of settings, decors and space.
- Compatibility: the wall mounted desk installed at the wall should perfectly fit the user for efficient purposes.
- Structure: The wall mounted desks are constructed in different sizes, styles, and shapes. It is wise to install a mounted desk that can satisfy your needs.
How to Organize Small Desk Space?
Organizing a small desk space can be challenging to some people. The following are the tips to use for organizing a small desk space.
- Starting everything from scratch: Any unnecessary item placed on the top or from the drawers should be removed.
- Cleaning the desk out and inside: Wiping and dusting the desk is vital for ensuring a healthy working environment.
- Throwing away unnecessary and old items: it is crucial to dispose any unwanted items placed on the top of the desk or from the drawers.
- Updating the small desk space: This includes throwing away old photos, outdated calendars, unanswered and answered mails.
- Changing the desk’s configuration: This entails putting items back on the desk in an orderly manner.
- Stocking up new supplies: When running short on staples, paper, and ink pens it is beneficial to purchase new ones for replenishing the desk.
- Putting the most important things closely: the most frequent used items should be kept at a close reach for accessibility purposes.
Finding a perfect workspace provides awesome opportunities for development and growth. It is the aim of effective individuals, managers, and leaders to be productive. Large numbers of people have the thirst to develop, grow, and combat the current challenges of this planet when working in a comfortable environment. An ideal workplace assists the employees to work with enthusiasm and morale. The proximate end of a wise business person is to have a peaceful working space which is economical.
Other Places To Find Desks For Your Limited Work Space
Look for Small Desks at Wayfair.com
At Wayfair, we try to make sure you always have many options for your home. That’s why we have so many Small Desks for sale on our site, including Small Desks from brands like Mistana and Winston Porter. We want to make sure when you’re looking for where to buy Small Desks online, you’re getting the one that’s exactly right for you, whether that’s the Soule Writing Desk, the Clintonville Executive Desk, or something entirely different and unique to your home. We have thousands of great deals every day with no need for a coupon. There’s never been a better time to “Wayfair my Small Desks”.
Excerpt from Wayfair.com