The Benefits of Small Grills
82% of Americans have a grill in their house and they use them all year long. This is to tell you that grilling is a staple everyday life in some part of the world. However, the reason for the increase in the number of houses with the grills is largely due to the new innovative small grills in the market, and their benefits is so compelling that people just have to fall in love with them. Firstly, you can now enjoy the sensational taste of grilled food without having to bother yourself with any extra-large grill, especially if you just want to use it for the family, in small spaces, on small patios or any place where space is a commodity.
Portability and mobility is also another factor to reckon with, you can easily travel around with your grill in the trunk of your car and you can easily bring it out and roll it around to enjoy grilled meat anywhere. Also, small grills are now being designed in a convertible sort of way, where you can easily detach/attach the grill from/to its base for indoor/outdoor purpose, which gives you to grill your meat without having to worry about the weather condition or space. Small grills are also the favorited because of the fuel options they offer. For instance, you can get a propane-powered grill, charcoal grill, or an electric grill depending on your choice. These grills are also built to last, with some manufacturers employing multi-layer designs, aluminum or stainless steel materials, and even powder-coating to improve strength, heat resistance, corrosion resistance, and an overall durability of the products.
Quick Table Of Contents
Small Indoor Grills
Do you have to look out for the weather before you can enjoy grilled meat? Or do you have to spend so much time outdoors when you just need to grill a kg of meat? No. You can now enjoy the health benefits of grilled meat at the comfort of your apartment. Grill manufacturers are now placing their bets on indoor grills to dominate the market in the nearest future because of the comfort they offer consumers. These grills are mostly electric in nature, which means you don’t have to spend any time preheating your grill before you can get to action. Also, indoors grills are smoke-free and do not produce flare-ups. Moreover, they offer more in terms of even distribution of heat and control of the grilling temperature. They are easier to clean, as most of the parts that handle the dirty work are removable and dishwasher-safe. Don’t worry about their size, they are big enough to serve your indoor purpose.
Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Searing Grill
This compact indoor grill offers everyone the helping hand to make sweet and tender meat every time by employing the special searing techniques used by chefs. The components that handle the dirty work, such as the grill hood, plate, and drip tray are removable and dishwasher-safe, which makes the cleaning easier. Great product! See more on Amazon.
- Locks in juices and flavors: Sear at 450 degrees or use adjustable temperature dial to grill at lower heat for optimal grilling results
- Enjoy grilling all year long: This indoor grill with hood has a high searing heat that locks in juices and flavors, and lid closes to give you signature grill marks; Serves up to 6 with 118 square inch grilling surface
- Easy to clean: Indoor grill hood, plate, and extra-large drip tray are all removable and dishwasher safe
- less mess: Extra-large drip tray catches juices so they don't spill on your counter and it's dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Power and preheat lights: Eliminate guesswork while using your electric grill
Hamilton Beach 25331 Super Sear
When grilling meat, timing and temperature control is the secret to soft, tender meat. This is why this indoor grill features a digital display and adjustable temperature control to ensure your meat is grilled according to your taste. With a 100 square inch cooking surface it can grill up to 4 burgers at a time and a floating hinge is available to provide room for your thicker steaks. See more on Amazon.
- Lock in juices and flavor: 90-second sear function locks in flavor, grills to perfection searing meat for moist, tender results. Just press the illuminated sear button and the temperature surges to 500°f for 90 seconds, locking in flavor & juices. The grill then automatically switches to the desired preset cooking temperature.
- Digital display and Adjustable temperature control: easily adjusts the temperature control to cook your favorite BBQ meals.
- Grills up to 6 burgers or 4 large steaks: large 100 square" Surface is perfect for family meals and easily wipes clean with nonstick surface.
- Cooks more than steaks, BBQ and burgers: grill hot sandwiches, paninis, fish, pizza, vegetables, fruit and more. Also great for keto and Paleo diets.
- Easy to clean: a removable and dishwasher safe drip tray catches excess grease for easy clean-up.
Soing Advanced Smokeless Indoor Grill,Portable Electric Infrared Indoor Grill
Soing uses the state-of-the art infrared heating technology, with a built-in overheat protection, to grill meat, which means heat is evenly distributed to every part of your food to give you an excellently taste. The drip tray, which collects all excess oil and grease, as well as all other removable components are dishwasher-safe. See more on Amazon.
- Enjoy authentic grilled flavor indoors. Now you can grill year round virtually smoke-free* without charcoal or gas with the SOING smoke-less indoor grill. Thanks to the advanced infrared technology, the grill heats up fast, so you can start cooking in just minutes. grill beautifully seared, evenly cooked steaks, hamburgers, fish and chicken – every day. Our Patented design means excess oil and grease drips onto a cool tray, reducing smoke to an absolute minimum-80% less smoke than others.
- Designed to use 365 days a year, rain or shine, allowing you to prepare healthy and delicious food with ease. No matter what the weather is, you can keep on grilling your favorite healthy foods indoors. Now grill and roast a variety of dishes. Enjoy endless grilling from your year round with the SOING smoke-less grill can also grill The perfect chicken, holiday ham, ribs, roast beef and so on.
- Advanced infrared technology and special reflectors guide heat to the non-stick grill for perfect grill marks. No need to adjust the temperature. SOING smokeless grill quickly heats up to a consistent 446 ℉ Within 6 minutes, the optimal temperature for grilling meat and vegetables, leaving it juicy and tender inside. With the unique infrared heating technology, heat is evenly spread on your food, no cold zones or weak spots.
- Fast set-up and easy cleanup, All removable parts are dishwasher-safe. Excess oil and grease falls into the drip tray making this a leaner option. Cleaning a grill has never been easier.
- SOING Infrared grill is certified by etc. And FDA standards. This indoor grill also comes with built-in overheat protection, automatically shutting off if the internal temperature gets too high. Grilling could be so easy with SOING. Perfect gift for your family, friends and parents.
Small Propane Gas Grills
Propane gas grills, as the name implies, are grills that use propane gas the source of fuel, and they are generally called ‘gas grills’. Propane gas grills are usually referred to as the semi-professional grills simply because some believe they are in between the traditional smoky charcoal grills and the modern fancy electrical grills. They are often big and comes with a large grilling surface and extra warming racks. Gas grills give you more searing power as they produce more power and burns at very high temperature which totals a faster grilling time. Their design is so sophisticated and often features amazing grilling mechanisms depending on the manufacturer. For instance, there are gas grills that lets you change the grilling grates to those suitable for your food. Many of this type of grills comes with a side tray-like design to let you cook the food that can be cooked while grilling the ones that can be grilled.
Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Get a massive heating surface that can heat up to about 16 burgers at a time with an extra 13.2” x 7.4” swing-away warming rack suitable for sides or toasting buns. This grill is equipped with a lid-mounted Temperature gauge to give the total heat control and an electronic ignition system to get you started faster and easier. See more on Amazon.
- 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill
- 300 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability, and features a lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control.Cooking System:Convectional
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. Metal side shelves fold down when not in use.
- Convenient access storage cabinet to store propane tank and accessories. Grill sits on 4 casters, two of which lock for mobility and stability.
Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill
Don’t be confused by the ‘char’, this griller runs fully on propane which generates about 40,800 BTU. The grill features 438 square-inches main grill space and an extra 192 square inch warming rack, all placed in a solid and durable heavy steel construction. Also equipped with an electronic ignition system for fast and easy start-up. See more on Amazon.
- 40,800 BTU gas grill with 438 square inches of main grilling area
- 192 square inch warming rack, 12,000 BTU side burner
- Durable steel construction; side shelf for handy workspace
- Electronic ignition; porcelain-coated cast-iron grates; utensil hooks
- Measures 48 x 28 x 48 inch
This moderately sized 3-burner gas grill has a 360 square-inch primary cooking surface and an additional 170 square-inch swing-away warming rack, giving enough room to get all the cooking done at a go. The components are made from quality materials to give the grill a high durability. A piezo ignition makes switching on the burner as easy as pressing as turning a knob. See more on Amazon.
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates. Convectional cooking system
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Three stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves measure 12-inches w x 13-inches l providing extra storage and prep space
Small Electric Grills
Electric grills are the new trend in the industry, which allows user to enjoy grilled food at the expense of their electricity bills. Small electric grills produce heat via the electric heating elements such as coil. Some manufacturers have been able to develop infrared heating technology to grill your food without any flare-ups. If there is any reason why people are picking the side of electric grills, it is because of the comfort and convenience they offer the users. Starting up the grill only requires you to plug it to the mains and pressing a button; it is that simple. Also, you don’t need to fiddle with fire before you can get a part of your food to heat up, electric grills are able to achieve an even heat distribution to ensure there are no cold spots in your food. Even though some people argued that it is impossible to get full searing and authentic grill taste and flavor with these grills, the convenience of grilling indoors is enough to rule out the odds.
Char-Broil 17602047 Infrared Electric Patio Bistro
Grill your meat without any smoke or flare-up via the electrical heating system of this amazing Char-Broil grill. The infrared cooking system helps distribute the heat evenly without neglecting any part of the heating surface. The lid-mounted temperature gauge grants you the control of your searing process. Ease of use is further enhanced with simple controls, front-accessible removable grease tray, and wheels for good mobility. See more on Amazon.
- 240 Square inch grilling surface with 80 Square inch warming rack- 8 to 12 hamburger capacity
- Electric TRU-Infrared cooking system allows you to cook your food evenly with less flare-ups - juicier food, every time
- Porcelain-coated cast iron Premium cooking grates are rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Folding side shelves provide plenty of work and prep space
- Features an easy to use temperature control knob, storage rack, cord Management and easy to reach large capacity grease tray
Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ Grill
This electric grill features all the features found in standard grills in its categories, however, the innovation of Giantex is the simple yet classic design of the grill. The circular cooking surface ensures all your food fits somewhere, and the nonstick coating gives you a crisp, beautiful grill marks. There is also a 360O Rotatable condiment tray to give you room to hold your sauce and spice. See more on Amazon.
- 🍖〖Easy to Install and Maintain Tidy〗- All parts are listed clearly and given a number. Assembly steps are also shown in picture form and with text explanation for your reference. You just need to clean the grill plate and grease collecting bowl with warm washing-up water and damp cloth. Before cleaning, please disconnect the appliance from electricity supply and allow the grill to cool completely.
- 🍖〖Detachable Temperature Regulator and Indicator〗- The temperature regulator is detachable. You can set the temperature regulator to the required temperature level which usually takes about three minutes to heat up. The temperature indicator will go out when the set temperature reach, which ensures safe usage of the grill.
- 🍖〖Stand with Appropriate Height and Sturdy Base〗- The grill comes with a stand and base. The stand height is appropriate and easy for you to access. Five feet base makes the grill sturdy and strongly supports the grill and food inside it.
- 🍖〖Fat Collecting Bowl and Condiment Tray〗- Collecting bowls can perfectly collect grease and make the grill maintain clean and tidy. Condiment tray assembled on the stand is designed for storing seasoning and is easy to access. Besides, it can also be 360 degree rotate to meet your demands. The material of both tray and bowl is clean and healthy.
- 🍖〖Perfect Metal Grill Hood and Plate〗- Grill plate is divided into three areas which is good for you to cook different kinds of food in three different areas. With high-quality non-stick coating, you can use tongs or scoop to turn the grilled food and prevent food being burned.
George Foreman GFO201R 12-Serving Electric Grill
Get the perfect heat to cook your meal to your taste with five heat settings for any kind of food. The full electric design that produces no smoke or flare-ups and the removable stand that can covert the grill from patio to countertop make this beauty very indoor-friendly. Enjoy easy cleaning with the nonstick grill coating and the dishwasher-safe drip tray. See more on Amazon.
- 12+ Servings - It’s tailgate time! The 200 square inches of rectangular grilling surface lets you make over 12 servings for large groups of people
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do. The fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
- Adjustable Temperature Control - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating. It’s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Fat-Removing Slope - It’s the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat* from meats for lean, tasty meals
Small Charcoal Grills
Charcoal grills are the genesis of what is now a staple tradition in most homes and restaurants all over the world; grilling. These category of grills are used mostly by professionals and master chefs, as they offer the premium capability to fully sear meat. Charcoal grills are powered by charcoal briquettes which gives off heat at a very high burning temperature. Manufacturers are now adopting new technology to improve the operations of these grills, for instance, there are charcoal grills that let you control the temperature of grill via an air dampener. Charcoal grills are still very much around because of the smoky flavor and aroma of the natural wood they add to grilled food. Even though it is possible to achieve this same flavor with other types of grills (via additives), they can never be like charcoal grilled food. However, the time spent on preheating the charcoal before grilling, maintaining an even heating, cleaning the grill, and disposing the ash after grilling are the major downsides of charcoal grills.
Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-inch Charcoal Grill
Ever heard of the common myth that charcoal contributes to the sweetness of charcoal grilled meat? Weber has perfected the charcoal grills with amazing convenience technology. This grill has a one-touch cleaning system, a precision heat control, durable and heat-retaining cooking grate, durable wheels for improved mobility, and other amazing features. See more on Amazon.
- Stay true to the modern version of the kettle that started it all—the Original Kettle, invented by Weber’s founder, and loved around the world. Its ultra-durable, porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, while the damperseasily adjust for precise temperature control. With a One-Touch cleaning system for easy cleanup after a long day of grilling, the Original Kettle will always be the grill built for everyone
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press
- One-Touch cleaning system provides hassle-free ash cleanup.Removable, aluminum ash catcher
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl Retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Use the lid hook to avoid placing the lid on the ground while grilling
Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
A good grill solution for people who are short on space, and wouldn’t want to compromise on their grilling experience; this beauty is compact. Equipped with an ash pan that can be pulled out for quick and efficient ash disposal. The whole structure is made from powder-coated heavy-duty steel for durability, while the grill is fabricated from cast iron. See more on Amazon.
- 250 square inches of cooking space, cast iron cooking grates, side drawer
- Ideal for small decks or patios
- Features Stay Cool wood handle, side shelf, double steel bottom and side air vent
- Wheels make this grill easy to move
- Assembly required
Tacklife prides itself in their double-layer design technology. The grill material is thickened with three-layer coated to improve the corrosion and temperature resistance. Tacklife also included a heat control air damper to give you control over the heat without having to lift the lid. A cargo rack is available to take care of the basic storage needs. See more on Amazon.
- ☘ DOUBLE SHELF & QUALITY SATISFACTION - The double-layer shelf can hold food that needs to be thawed, or it can be placed on baked food. The function is very practical; Thickened excellent materials, high-quality mirror spray technology, intimate accessories design. Four 1. 25 inch stainless steel support legs and a thick stainless steel mesh frame ensure more peace of mind
- ☘ PORTABLE CHARCOAL GRILL - 22. 5 inch diameter, 38 inch high for ample cooking surface. A perfect basketball grill with two bowl handles and durable large wheels for outdoor camping, let your friends or family hover around the grill, eager for charred food
- ☘ perfect thermal control - The rust-proof adjustable aluminum ventilation damper controls the temperature without the need for complicated lifting of the lid. The cooking ash can gently adjust the size of the wood carbon fire, while at the same time Easy to remove the wood carbon ash
- ☘ high temperature resistant design - porcelain glaze covers and bowls Retain heat to maintain consistent temperatures and even cooking. The high-quality surface treatment also prevents rust, cracking and flaking, while at the same time withstanding high grilling temperatures. The easy-to-clean galvanized Steel cooking grate Maintains a uniform grilling heat for direct or indirect grilling
- ☘ WHAT YOU GET - TACKLIFE Charcoal Grill, Insulation Rack, Shelf, User Manual, 24 Months , Assembled Dimensions : 38*27*22. 5 Inch
Small Portable Grills
If you are picturing enjoying grilled food at a small family camping, or just grilling meat while enjoying your favorite soap opera on TV, then a portable grill is the best option for you. From the nomenclature, these grills are designed with portability and mobility in mind. They are compact (can fit perfectly in your car trunk) and lightweight. They are not big enough to give you the level of quality of other grills, but they can get you much closer. They are often designed in a briefcase-like style which aid the mobility of the grill. As a matter of fact, some restaurants now fit portable grills on their tables to allow customers grill or warm their own food to their taste; isn’t that amazing?
Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
With this portable grill, you don’t have to worry about enjoying delicious grilled meat anywhere you go as this grill can fit perfectly in your trunk. The lid and base are porcelain-enameled to retain heat and prevent rusting. The Tuck-N-Carry Lid Lock technique is amazing to use, and the plated steel legs provide beautiful, but strong support for the whole structure. See more on Amazon.
- While spending most days on your way to somewhere else, the Go-Anywhere portable charcoal grill brings a taste of home wherever you go. The lid locks for easy portability, and its rectangular shape fits perfectly in the back of most cars.
- Holds up to six burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight for grilling on the go
- Porcelain-enameled lid and base retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- The lid locks for easy portability and dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill
Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gournet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
Cuisinart’s briefcase-styled petite protane-powered tabletop grill made from stainless steel can power up to 5,500 BTU and features a porcelain-enameled grate that ensures an even heating of your food, all placed on stabilizing aluminum legs. As portable as this baby looks, it provides an average 145 square-inch grilling area that can grill 6 – 10 chicken breasts at a go. See more on Amazon.
- Portable gas grill with 145-square-inch grilling area and foldaway legs
- Cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish
- Powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate
- Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet set up in seconds; integrated lid lock keeps lid secure
- Pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle; weighs 13.5 pounds
Outdoor4less Stainless Steel Portable Folding Tall Barbecue BBQ Charcoal Grill
A 4.3 stars rating on Amazon is enough to tell you what people are saying about this grill. It is made from stainless steel which makes it strong, corrosion-resistant, and lustrous. The two foldable trays by the trays offers you the convenience of having everything you need within an arm length. The grating surface dissipates heat evenly to eliminate any cold spot in your food. See more on Amazon.
- ★ SIZE: Charcoal grill fully setup size 44" x 12'' x 28" , fully folded size 25' x 7.5" x 13".
- ★ MATERIAL: Made of food grade 410 stainless steel.
- ★ EASY TO SETUP & CARRY AROUND: Comes with handle, fold the legs and it is ready to go. Folded legs.
- ★ FOLDABLE TRAY: Comes with 2 foldabel trays.
- ★ PACKAGE INCLUDED: 1 x grill body, 3 x grill grid mesh.
How To Clean My BBQ Grill?
As much as one knows how to make sweet, delicious, and picture-perfect grilled food, one should equally know how to properly clean the grill. Proper cleaning of the grill is the only way to maintain the good hygiene of the grill, keeping it clean, and keeping bacteria away. An important cleaning habit to keep is the brushing (with a wire brush) of the grill grates after every use, and ensuring a thorough cleaning every couple of months, depend on the usage frequency. You can clean the interior of the grill with warm water, dish soap, a paste of vinegar, and baking soda. The drip trays should also be cleaned after every use.
How To Clean BBQ Grill Grates?
The first thing to do is to heat the grill first to a nearly hot temperature and scrub off everything you can. After the grill is cool and touchable, carefully remove the grates and place somewhere safe. Then prepare a soapy water in a bucket big enough to contain the grates. Dip the cool grates inside the soapy water and soak it for about 15 minutes. Then take it out and scrub very thoroughly (not too strong and excessive strokes). You can use vinegar and baking soda to help the brush scrub stubborn dirt lumps. Afterwards, take the grates out and rinse thoroughly. Then your grates are ready for another round of service life.
Electric Grills vs Gas Grills vs Charcoal Gas Grills (Advantages and Disadvantages)
Electric grills have gained some momentum in their usage at homes. Obviously, electricity offers convenience. No need for any pre-grilling preparations, you only need to turn a knob or press a button to start grilling your food. These grills also offer you a superior control over the grilling temperature as they are often equipped with a thermostat. Still on convenience, the grilling surfaces are mostly made of nonstick materials to make cleaning a breeze. They also offer you the comfort of both indoor or outdoor grilling, as they do not require a large space. The disadvantages of electric grills include a low level of grill flavor authenticity found in other grills, heating temperature is limited, and thorough cleaning is very hard to achieve (electrical heating components cannot be submerged in water).
Gas grills are becoming popular day by day, and this is largely due to the affordable and available source of fuel. Gas grills can either be propane-powered or uses natural gas. The advantage of gas grills is the energy efficiency of the system because almost 90% of the fuel is converted into direct heat. This efficiency makes grilling faster, which means more mouths can be easily catered for. Gas grills are available in various sizes, less expensive, and all parts are washable. However, the source of fuel is nonrenewable and can pose some dangers. Gas grilling is not ideal for indoor grilling because of the limited space and the need for fresh air, and the heat control is sometimes difficult to control.
Charcoal briquettes serve as the source of fuel for charcoal grills. These type of grills is traditional and it is still in usage now mainly because of the flavor and aroma the natural wood adds to their food. Also, they are the best grills to obtain a properly seared meat because of the high burning temperature of charcoal. But the smoky romance is not enough to neglect the high cost of charcoal. Moreover, charcoal grill requires time (about 50 minutes to start and pre-heat the grill) before it attains a useable temperature, the heat is hard to control¸ and stopping the grill means putting off every ember of charcoal, and the cleaning is tedious (you have to clean the grill of soot and dispose the ash every now and then).
For additional grill ideas check out these Dyna Glo Grill reviews.