Table of Contents
Floor Standing Speaker Pairs
Are you a music enthusiast? Or, do you own an entertainment set-up at home? If you do, then you no doubt agree that music should not only be heard, but also experienced. And, the key to hearing and experiencing music is choosing the right speakers.
There are different types of speakers sold in the market today. Whatever your budget is, you will always find a speaker that fits your preferred price. However, when it comes to sound quality and efficiency, no sound system can beat the Floor standing speakers, also commonly referred to as Tower speakers.
Floor standing speakers can be used as theatre set-ups, or for home stereo use. These types of speakers produce high quality sounds and performance, making them the ideal choice for music geeks and those who own professional entertainment set-ups.
However, floor standing speakers offer more benefits that just high quality sounds and performance. This article will help you understand what advantages you can gain from buying a floor standing speaker, as well as the best reviewed floor standing speakers available in the market. Read on!
Why you Want Dual Floor Standing Speakers
Dual floor standing speakers usually come in a wide range of sizes and configurations. There are smaller floor standing speakers which can be comfortably fitted in tight spaces. Despite their small sizes, these speakers still produce high quality sounds not much different from those produced by the larger speakers. Therefore, with the compact dual floor standing speakers, you can still enjoy the best music experience, at the same time saving on space.
Floor standing speakers also feature more depth of sound, as compared to other types of speakers. The sounds and tones produced by these speakers are very astonishing, especially when used as a set.
Most of the dual floor standing speakers are designed with striking and eye-catching designs. These speakers look good by themselves, and do not require any additional accessories to make them more attention grabbing. Therefore, not only do they impress others with their sound quality, but also with their beautiful appearances and designs. The unique styles of the floor standing speakers usually fit with the decor of any room/space in which they are added.
More so, dual floor standing speakers have a superior versatility. They produce high quality sounds for all types of audio and media. Therefore, with a dual floor standing speaker, the user can comfortably play any music of their choice without lose or decrease in quality. For instance, the speakers can handle all gaming audios, as well as deliver high quality movie audios. Actually, the movie audio quality produced by the dual floor standing speakers at home equals that produced in movie theatres.
Best Reviewed Floor Standing Speakers
The following are 5 of the best reviewed floor standing speaker pairs on the market:
BIC Acoustech PL-980L-PL-980R 3-Way Floor Speakers – ONE Pair
While most of the horn floor speakers sold in the market consist of the 2-way design, the BIC Acoustech PL-980L speaker incorporates a 3-way design. This multi-driver design gives the speakers an added advantage over other speakers, as it refines and enhances the mid frequencies produced, such that the speakers produce frequency response and an extended soundstage.
- Each PL-980 is designed with two high quality 8-inch woofers. These woofers produce a low frequency output.
- It incorporates two 8-inch radiators which function to extend the bass produced, as well as eliminate any port noise.
- The back of the speaker is closed, such that no interference from the active woofers is experienced.
- The speaker package comes with an 8-year warranty, which is one of the longest warranty periods available.
- Some parts of the speaker can easily get damaged during transit, such as the subs in the right or left speakers.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE: 2 PL-980 towers......One Left-One Right...
- "You Receive: One Pair PL-980(right and Left) Unlike the majority of horn floor speakers on the market today, the PL-980s incorporate a 3-way multi-driver design rather than a 2-way design. Although many 2-way floor speakers offer outstanding performance, the PL-980's 3-way design enhances and refines mid frequencies which enable an extended soundstage, dynamic range, and frequency response. Their imaging and lifelike sound is as if looking throu...
- "Perfect for both music and home theater applications, each PL-980 incorporates two high power 8” active woofers which deliver low frequency output. Then, two 8” passive radiators eliminate port noise while extending the bass even further. The midrange is a 5"" closed back driver which delivers the all-important 1000Hz – 5000Hz articulation frequency range. The closed back prevents interference from the 8” woofers which ensures clean detailed mid...
- "The enclosures include hand-rubbed black lacquer tops and bottoms. This extra step ensures a deep gloss shine that is more scratch resistant than most lacquer finishes on the market. PL-980s also have an extended 8 year warranty offering one of the longest in the industry. Designed and engineered to please even the most discriminating listeners, the PL-980s surpass the performance and enjoyment of floor speakers more than three times their price...
- "SPECIFICATIONS: Design: 3-way, six driver tower speaker. Frequency Response: 22Hz-23kHz Sensitivity: 98dB Drivers: Two high power 8"" active woofers, two 8"" passive woofers, one enclosed 5"" midrange, and one 6 1/2"" mid/high frequency aluminum dome horn with neodymium magnet. Magnetic Shielding: YES Gold-Plated Terminals: YES Recommended Power: 10-300 watts per channel RMS, 750 watts peak power Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms Dimensions: 47""H x 12 ...
Dayton Audio T652 Dual 6-1/2″ 2-Way Tower Speaker Pair
The most outstanding quality of the Dayton Audio tower speaker is the deep bass it produces. This tower speaker has a similar design as the B652 speakers, which were the original speakers produced by Dayton Audio.
- Dayton Audio T652 speakers feature two dual woofers, which produce high quality deep bass.
- The incorporated woofers are built into a small bass-reflex cabinet. This ensures that the speakers have a space-saving design and can, therefore, be placed in tight-space rooms.
- The tower speakers are designed with unobtrusive, modern aesthetics which fit the decor of any room in which they are placed.
- The Dayton Audio T652 speakers are designed with a heavy top, which increases the speaker’s chances of tipping over.
- Dual 6-1/2" woofers provide superb bass power and punch
- 5/8" polycarbonate dome tweeter with ferrofluid cooling
- Slim-profile tower cabinet won't overwhelm your room
- Ported bass-reflex design delivers extended, deep bass to 45 Hz
- Clarity and detail that is exceptional in this price class
The top of the Klipsch R-26F floor standing speakers incorporates an elevation channel. This channel makes it possible for the speakers to produce high quality sounds directed towards the listener. It also allows for the reflection of sounds off the ceiling, resulting to an immersive, overhead experience.
- The LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) technology incorporated in the tower speakers minimizes all distortions, such that these produce a more enhanced and detailed performance.
- The speakers produce a high power output of 400 Watts.
- The Klipsch R-26F speaker package includes a 5-year limited warranty.
- It features two 6.5-inch IMG woofers with a magnetic shielding.
- The Klipsch R-26F floor standing speakers tend to be very pricey.
- Klipsch 2x R-26FA Dolby Atmos Floorstanding Speaker - 2x Front Grille - 2x Top Grille - Klipsch 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Main Channel: Frequency Response: 38Hz - 24kHz +/- 3dB
- Main Channel: Sensitivity: 97dB at 2.83V / 1m
- Main Channel: Power Handling (Cont/Peak): 100W / 400W
- Main Channel: Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms Compatible
Jamo Studio Series S 805-WH White Floorstanding Speakers – Pair
The Jamo Studio Series speakers have a more modern design, which can fit all premium environments. Most of the materials used to make them have a contemporary design, such as the matter vinyl finishes and the wood grain accents. Their beautiful contemporary designs make them ideal additions for all types of homes, irregardless of their decor and style.
- The Jamo Studio Series S 805-WH speaker has a compact cabinet design, which makes it an ideal speaker choice for tight spaces and urban living spaces.
- The structure of the speakers lack any push pins or mounting holes. They only consist of fully magnetic grilles, which promote a cleaner, minimalist design.
- The built-in linen grilles are available in two different colors, while the speaker models come in three different finishes: Black, Walnut and White. This gives users a wide range of choices to choose from.
- The bass produced by the Jamo Series speakers is a little bit too much.
- Compared with other bass speakers, the bass produced by these speakers is not well defined.
- Elegant, contemporary design
- Compact cabinet for flexible placement
- WaveGuide acoustic technology
- Seamless magnetic grille
- 25MM (1") soft dome tweeter
Sony SS-CS3 3-Way 4-Driver Floor-Standing Speaker – Pair
The Sony SS-CS3 floor standing speaker is designed with a very user-friendly interface. Being a 3-way type of speaker, it makes use of the best technology, in order to enable users to enjoy the best sound and music experience at the comfort of their very own homes. The Sony SS-CS3 speakers always ensure that users enjoy consistent excellent sounds.
- For a better and enhanced music experience, these speakers use precise instrument depth, position and reproduction. The combination of these 3 aspects enhances the quality of sounds produced, such that users experience the music as if it was being played right in their homes.
- The Sony SS-CS3 speaker incorporates a Super Tweeter System, which promotes the production of clearer and high-frequency sounds.
- It features a tight and powerful bass. This bass not only gives the music a much more solid foundation, but also provides a fine timing alignment for all the available frequency ranges.
- Compared with other best reviewed floor standing speakers, the Sony SS-CS3 speakers have a relatively lower maximum power output (145 Watt).
- USE: Enables you to create an amazing audio experience right in your own home.
- FEATURES: 1" polyester main tweeter, ¾" super tweeter, 145W peak power, and 6 Ohm speaker impedance
- DESIGN: 3-Way speaker design and rich acoustics with strong cabinet design
- SOUND: Sound reproduction up to 50 kHz with high-res audio
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Sony SSCS3 Stereo Floor-Standing Speaker Pair Bundle
How to Select your Next Pair of Floor Standing Speakers
Obviously, when purchasing a pair of floor standing speakers, you will want to choose the very best speakers. So, what should you look for in a pair of tower speakers? The first consideration you need to keep in mind is where you intend to use the speakers, that is, how big or small the areas is. Knowing the available footprint in your home will help you choose the most ideal size of your floor standing speakers.
Also, before selecting your pair of floor standing speakers, it is important that you check on its drivers. Each speaker usually consists of several drivers which function to relay sounds through vibrations. Basically, every floor standing speaker consists of 4 types of drivers, each with its specific function.You should ensure that, not only do your speakers consist of all the necessary drivers, but also that they are all working properly.
Another factor you need to consider when buying these speakers is their cabinet construction. The cabinet construction of a good floor standing speaker should be sturdy and anti-resonant. It should also not vibrate from the sounds produced by the built-in drivers, as this would result to an annoying distortion of the music. Also, consider how the material and finishing of the cabinet will fit into the style and aesthetics of your home. If the area you intend to place the speakers has hard floors, you would do well to get a cabinet with padded feet.
Furthermore, you should check on the floor standing speaker’s specifications. Some important specs that you need to look out for include the frequency response of the speakers, as well as their impendence. Understanding these specifications is very important, as it will help you settle on the best floor standing speaker for your space.
If you are looking to purchase a good pair of speakers for home use, then the dual floor standing speakers are the best choice you could go for. Yes, the costs of these speakers may be a bit high, but the benefits that these offer more than makeup for every single penny you spent. So, get yourself one of the 5 best reviewed floor standing speakers, and your quest for the perfect music will no doubt be attained.