Corner Curio Cabinets
If you wish to concentrate your most spectacular figurines, your most beautiful photos or your most "curious" souvenirs and objects in a single place in your room, a place where they can be admired, where you can store them without occupying too much space but where you can still arrange and organize them beautifully, and where they wouldn't attract too much attention but would still look great, then a corner curio cabinet is the perfect piece of furniture and also the perfect positioned item for your idea!Placing the curio cabinet in a corner of the living room/bedroom/room is a great idea, because the corner positioning
offers a great design and an excellent view, not drawing too much attention but looking nice and comforting. The glasses that cover a corner curio cabinet offer great visibility to your "curious" items and also protect them from dust and moist. And the note that a corner curio cabinet brings to a space is the one of elegance, of luxury.If you install a corner curio cabinet into your room, your room will instantly have its own character, represented by what you store in that specific cabinet
. Your valuable collections will be safe in a corner curio cabinet, partially because it is situated in a part of the room that won't stand in the way while you walk and partially because a lot of curio cabinets come with lockers or other types of security features. Anyway, pay the most of your attention to the design of the cabinet, to its color and material. Think about the vibe that it would bring to your home and about how many shelves
you need to store your collection, as these are the most important aspects you should care about when choosing the best corner curio cabinet for your room!What is a curio cabinet?Corner Curio Cabinets
are a type of display case used for figurines or other “curious,” interesting objects. Typically, curio cabinets are made of wood and glass with shelves to display the items inside. They usually stand vertically and have glass on each side for maximum visibility of what is inside. Curio cabinets are used to protect the items inside from dust and they often have locks as an added security feature. These curio cabinets are a great way to show off any collections you may have, give a classy vibe to any room, and are also great for adding valuable storage storage space. Here are 10 affordable curio cabinet options.
1) Coaster Solid Wood Glass Corner China Curio Cabinet This curio cabinet looks like a true classic cabinet. It’s small enough to fit in the corner of a room, so it won’t take up too much floor space, but it really has a classy feel to it. It’s made of rubber wood, not particle board, so it’s sure to hold your collection of treasures nice and sturdy. The shelf size of this cabinet seems a little on the small side (sixteen inches by sixteen inches), but there are 6 adjustable shelf surfaces so there’s plenty of room for everything. This model comes in medium brown which has a very traditional, almost colonial feel to it. (See a larger image here)The reviews on this piece, however, are a little subpar, as it has only 3.7 stars on Amazon, and there are reports that the stain color on the wood do not match up, as well as reports of the assembly being overly complicated. This piece is 72” tall and 115 pounds when assembled. Overall, it looks nice, but it might end up being a lot more trouble than it’s worth.
2) Acme 02347 Martha Corner Cabinet This beauty comes in a very sophisticated looking cherry oak color, which gives a real sense of ornateness. If you want something simple but elegant to show off your collection, this might be the curio cabinet for you. This cabinet is pretty narrow--fifteen inches by fifteen inches, so it’s great for any small spaces. This model also has six shelves, though it is unclear if they are adjustable. The door on this curio cabinet has a magnetic latch on it, so it’ll stay nice and closed, and won’t pop back open. (See more of Martha Corner Cabinet here).Reviewers report that this piece is very delicate, however, so if you have children or large pets, this might not be the right option for you. This piece has very mixed--and very few--reviews on Amazon, which should make you a little skeptical. There also appears to be some manufacturer’s errors made occasionally. The price is extremely reasonable though, and the piece does look fantastic, and will surely add a classic look to your home.
3) Chintaly Imports Corner Curio With Mirror Interior Wow! This piece is definitely very contemporary, sleek, and clean looking. It comes in silver or white options, and is almost entirely clear. The cabinet door has a magnetic latch to keep it secured when shut. There are four non-adjustable glass shelves that look enormous, and the front of the cabinet is curved glass, giving it a very nice look. The product description says you can put two of these cabinets side-by-side to create a half-moon round cabinet. The entire back of this piece is mirrored, which makes the entire thing look even bigger. The layout of this elegant curio cabinet is 30 inches by 21 inches, making it a little bigger than some of the other options on this list. It’s also one of the more expensive curio cabinets featured here, ringing in at over $1000. This item is also extremely heavy at 243 pounds. Buy this beautiful curio today!There are not many reviews for this cabinet, but the ones that are available are great. If you have the space and the budget, this chic curio cabinet would be a great addition to any home or office.
4) Coaster Home Furnishings Contemporary Curio Cabinet This cabinet has a great look to it that could be called country-chic. The Coaster Contemporary curio cabinet would look great with any kind of contemporary decor. This larger-than-average curio cabinet has four doors with breakfront molding on the glass. The wood construction is strong enough to hold the heaviest items in your collection: including heavy books and china. The windowpanes are a little smaller though, so if this curio cabinet might be more focused on storage than showing off your curios collection. The reviews seem to hint that this cabinet is not as big as it appears, though the product description says it is fifty two inches tall. The shelves also have a pretty narrow area to them, so larger items would likely not fit inside this cabinet--they have only a 14 inch depth at their largest point. Overall, this cabinet looks very nice, but is much smaller than it appears in the photo and might not be as useful for storage after all. Buy this one today.
5) Pulaski Corner Curio The Pulaski Corner Curio has a very cool modern feel to it. It’s got a dark brown exterior to it with a glass door and adjustable glass shelves inside. The interior is lit and the whole unit has a curved front--both are very cool features. At 78 inches tall, this modern curio cabinet is ready to hold any of your collectibles, from your largest fine china to your smallest figurines. It looks like this curio cabinet has five shelves and is ready to be the corner piece you’ve always dreamed of. This unit is on the more expensive side of this list, but it has great reviews and looks incredible. It weighs in at 150 pounds, and is 23 inches by 34 inches. The Pulaski Curio Cabinet will look great with any modern-style decor. If you’re looking for a curio cabinet that will not only show off your collection, but can also be a collectible piece as well, this cabinet is for you. Buy this amazing piece today!
6) Coaster Home Furnishings Traditional Curio Cabinet This traditional curio cabinet is exactly what it claims to be. It’s perfect for a country-style home and would look great as an addition to the corner of a dining room or den. It’s lit from the top, which is a very useful and trendy detail. This cabinet weighs in at 97 pounds, and measures 23 inches by 9 inches, and is 66 inches tall. Though it looks very, nice several of the reviews explain that the piece has poor construction or has arrived damaged. The mixed reviews on Amazon should also lower your expectations: 3.7 stars.
There are several reports of buyings having to reorder is multiple times because of the damage. This product is relatively inexpensive, but you get what you pay for, and the Coaster Home Furnishings Traditional Curio Cabinet just might not be worth it.
7) Sleek Corner Curio This curio is not lying when it says it is sleek. This cabinet has a very cool modern look to it that is sure to upgrade any room in your home. It comes with adjustable shelving, adjustable glides for leveling, v-grooved front glass, mirrored back, and a lighted interior. Wow! This curio cabinet has a victorian cherry finish to it that really makes it look classy. The product description says it weighs 97 pounds, but there is no description of the dimensions of the piece, though it looks like it is on the smaller side. There are eight glass shelves included, though one reviewer says they are, “a little thin.” The product description also says that shipping could take anywhere from four to six weeks, so if you’re in a rush, this isn’t the option for you. Amazon reviews of this product are pretty good though. This curio cabinet looks as sleek as it claims, but it is also on the more expensive side of this list. If you can afford it and wait for it to ship, this seems like a great option!
8) Pemberly Row Mahogany Lighted Corner Curio Cabinet This little corner cabinet is just exactly that--for the corner! It’s sides measure only five and a half inches, making it take up a tiny amount of square footage--that’s great if you like the look of curio cabinets but don’t have much space for one. The unit is 70” tall, which means there is plenty of room for shelves inside; it comes with two fixed shelves, and three adjustable ones--all made of glass. The deep, rich mahogany color gives it a real victorian feel to it. This would be a great addition to any home or office. The shelf space is limited though, so it probably could not hold larger items, but this would be great for things like jewelry and figurines. There are mirrors on both sides of the interior, making this piece look much bigger. It also comes with a light at the top so show off your collectibles with pride. (See more of this attractive cabinet here)There are currently no reviews on Amazon to give any insight into the quality. This Curio Cabinet weighs in at 86 pounds, and is priced in the middle-of-the-road: at least for this list. This little cabinet would look great no matter where you put it.
9) Middleham Lighted Matte Silver Mirrored Corner Curio Cabinet This chic little corner curio cabinet is very cool. It comes in a matte silver finish with glass shelves on the interior. This cabinet has a single latch door, three adjustable shelves, one fixed shelf, and and led lit display case. It’s small-space friendly at 63 inches tall, 26 inches wide, and 16 inches deep. Weighing in at 66 pounds, this cabinet is the lightest one of this list! It’s also relatively reasonably priced at $493. The Middleham corner curio cabinet has a very industrial feel to it. There are no Amazon reviews to add to the description but this cabinet looks incredible. As the product description for this piece says, “find romance in every corner, nook and cranny”--and they really mean it! This curio cabinet is great! It’s a great place to store your collectibles, guest towels, or anything you need to get out of the way--and it’ll be a great addition to your home.
The Classic Corner Curio Cabinet
Curio cabinets have long been a mainstay of well-designed homes and rooms, a way to protect and display favorite possessions at the same time. The corner curio cabinet carries on this storied tradition, blended seamlessly with modern innovation. How can the classic corner curio cabinet make the biggest impact in your home?The corner curio cabinet is designed to work well and provide a classic charm and appeal in any home. However, there are a few things that homeowners and designers should keep in mind when deciding on a corner curio cabinet. What is a Curio Cabinet?
A curio cabinet
is a special cabinet made for the display and protection of collectibles and valuables, ranging from family heirlooms to sports and music memorabilia. Because so many people collect something, they are found in many homes.They are also loved for the old-world elegance that they bring into homes, and the fact that they work both as beautiful design elements and functional pieces of furniture.They are also known as corner display cabinets. What the Classic Corner Curio Cabinet Means for Families
Corner curio cabinets bring several key benefits for families, which is one of the biggest reasons that the classic corner display cabinet is current spiking in popularity. Here are some key examples of what the corner curio cabinet means to families:
- Using corner furniture is an ideal way to save space—which is especially important when kids are involved.
- A curio cabinet can protect a family's most prized possessions from dust and breakage—without hiding them away!
- Best of all, the classic corner display cabinet is the perfect place for a family to display important memories in a way that works with the décor of the rest of the house, from family vacation photos to kids' trophies to wedding memories.
The corner curio cabinet's blend of old-world beauty and modern practicality brings all these benefits and more to many of the families who own one. The Classic Corner Curio Cabinet in Any Space Designing a room
for both form and function is one of the most fun activities in the world for some people, and downright difficult for others. In either case, it's important to note that for most people, even those who would love to completely redesign their home every few months, life sometimes gets in the way.That's why it's so important to have a few classic pieces of furniture that will match with any design aesthetic. This also helps when people need to design a shared space—for example, when a couple first moves in together, or when a child starts to develop his or her own personal tastes and opinions on how rooms should look.The classic corner curio cabinet, like other versatile and beautiful pieces of furniture, can serve as a unifying presence in a given room, drawing together all the best elements of the other stylistic features of the room.Best of all, because of the wide variety of corner display cabinets available—and how much their contents become part of their function and their aesthetic appeal—these versatile pieces of classic furniture can truly work in any space.For example, a curio cabinet can be used in some of the following ways for different rooms of the house:
- Dining room: A corner curio cabinet can be used to display antique, heirloom, or personal favorite dishes in a way that keeps them clean and protected.
- Kids' room: The cabinet may store trophies for kids involved in sports and school clubs, stuffed animals for younger kids, or any number of other collectibles for all children.
- Bedroom: A classic corner curio cabinet in the bedroom setting can display some of the favorite memories and possessions of an individual or couple.
- Living room/family room/den: A corner display cabinet might bring a bit of class and old-world charm to an entertainment setup, protectively and practically storing anything from books to movies or music. On the other hand, the cabinet can also be used to store and display decorative objects to impress while entertaining.
- Home office: Last but not least, the curio cabinet can be used in a home or business office settings to display accomplishments like awards and certificates, and/or to create a home for soothing or inspirational decorative objects that make working easier and more enjoyable.
One of the biggest benefits of the classic corner curio cabinet is how it can be adapted to work in virtually any space. However, there are plenty of other benefits arising from this unique, beautiful, and functional piece of furniture as well. Benefits of the Corner Display Cabinet
The benefits of the curio cabinet sometimes seem endless. Beyond what this article has already discussed, including the space-saving qualities of the corner design
, the family benefits, the unique charm, and the versatility of the corner curio cabinet, there is at least one more major benefit. To tell the truth, it's one of the biggest reasons the curio cabinet was first created, and why it remains so popular to this day.It is the true purpose of the corner curio cabinet, and of all curio cabinets: to protect and display items at the same time.Other protective furnishings and structures, from the simple and commonplace (like kitchen cabinets) to the elaborate and rare (armored safes stashed behind paintings), often hide the items housed within. This is not the case with the curio cabinet.The curio cabinet is designed in much the same way as a shop's display case, but in a more eye-catching and aesthetically pleasing way. With its walls of glass, it allows everyone from homeowners to guests to see everything inside.However, at the same time, these glass walls keep the items inside them much safer than they would be were they simply displayed on open-air shelves.The main purpose of the glass walls is to keep the items inside the curio cabinet free of dust, but the classic corner curio cabinet can also protect them from more serious hazards such as breakage. This is especially important for families with children, or for anyone who likes to do a lot of entertaining.The intersection of protection from the outside world and a proud display of affection for the items inside is what makes the corner curio cabinet such a special piece of furniture, and why it fits so nicely in such a wide variety of homes. Is the Classic Corner Curio Cabinet Practical?
Classic design isn't always practical. While everyone would like to have elaborately decorated and furnished rooms throughout their homes, that isn't always possible due to constraints like space and budget, as well as the realities of everyday life—especially with children.The corner curio cabinet combines modern innovation with a classic design to make it practical to have a piece of furniture that previously only worked in extraordinarily spacious environments.The corner design gives the curio cabinet the same amount of storage space, while seeming to take up less space in the room it is housed in. How does this happen?It occurs because corner space is often wasted
. Many traditional designs do not work well in corners, and curio cabinets for many years were forced to take up space along one wall. However, designers that create classic curio cabinets specially designed for use in one of the corners of the room bring the same elegance as more traditional models, while taking up less valuable wall space.This means that there is more space in the room, especially along the walls, for other furnishings, such as beds in bedrooms, tables in dining rooms, and couches and bookshelves in living rooms. It also frees up wall space for other design elements such as fine art, prints, family photographs, and tapestries—meaning it can work with any style.All this innovation makes the corner curio cabinet practical for any home and room, from the largest to the smallest.There are other factors increasing the practicality of the corner curio cabinet as well, in addition to its innovative, space-saving shape. For example, curio cabinets are much easier to clean than open shelves, due to their clear, flat surfaces.Additionally, the explosion in popularity of the corner curio cabinet has led to two great things: an overall drop in price of this luxurious piece of furniture that puts it more within reach of the average homeowner, as well as the opportunity for new innovation to make the corner design even more practical.With all its amazing benefits, as well as its great practicality, it's no wonder that the classic corner curio cabinet is surging in popularity at the moment. This is an exciting time for décor and home furnishing enthusiasts, as well as for ordinary homeowners everywhere. Click here to see more more space saving furniture ideas