Floating desks can be so convenient. They provide a work space, much like a regular desk, but out of the way, thus preserving valuable space. In addition, with some desks, they are not only on the wall, but they also fold to preserve more space. When looking for the right floating desk for you space keep in mind your storage needs as as well. Some floating desks don’t have any storage other than the work area. Others have drawers and cubby holes that suit your needs. And when determining your floating desk decision also keep in mind where it’s going and how to install it. In many cases you will need to have the tools available to install it properly. And if you’re looking for other desk options, feel free to check out our 30 best desks for small spaces. Enjoy.
Floating Desks On Sale
- Modern floating desk with a distinctive design and stunning walnut grain pattern.
- Sized big enough for an uncluttered workspace and small enough to fit almost any space
- Constructed from 100% American wood. Real walnut exterior with premium furniture grade structure.
- Includes all mounting hardware. Simple mounting: just screw the bar to the wall and slip on desk.
- Made in Seattle of 100% American wood. Finished with low VOC, clear lacquer for a durable surface.
- Finished in rich Espresso laminate
- Mounts easily at any Height with prepacks innovative metal rail hanging system
- Spacious side compartment with 2 adjustable shelves is perfect for binders, textbooks or speakers
- Assembled product dimensions: 40"wx19"dx39. 5"H
- Hidden wire management keeps your workspace streamlined and clutter free
- Kings Brand Furniture - Culver Wall-Mounted Fold-Out Writing Floating Desk, Black
- Make the most of the space in your multi-use room with the Culver Fold-Away Writing Desk with Storage.
- This versatile desk starts as a handy corkboard mounted to the wall.
- It opens up to reveal a spacious fold-out desk and a variety of fixed and adjustable shelving inside.
- Collection Name: Culver. Finish: Black. Material: Wood. White Board: Included. Assembly: Required
Floating Desk Ideas
Floating Desk With Drawers
Floating desks can come in many sizes and shapes. But when they come with drawers, they make the experience all the more practical. Where there are drawers included there isn’t a need to keep all papers, books and other elements on top of the writing space or on any included shelves. This can keep your desk from looking cluttered. It can also help keep projects you’re working on away from curious eyes and hands. Having a floating wall desk with drawers also allows the space to be used by different ones with differing projects, allowing each to have the most available space at the ready. And if you get a large floating desk, this gives you even more real estate to work with, but having drawers also allows you to maximize this space. But if you buy the small floating desk variety, then drawers will definitely be a needed option.
Floating Fold Out Desk
Floating fold out desks come in different flavors and different names. They’ve been called, Murphy desks, Wall mounted convertible desks, Drop down desks, and the like. But they all have something in common: When not in use, you can fold up and tuck them away.
DIY Wall Mounted Desks
Some who have the know how (or experimental spirit), there are many wall mounted wood projects out there – and they can even make their own DIY floating desk. The benefits of DIY is that you can, depending on your skillset, put one together with all the elements you need – any maybe can’t find in wall mounted desks you’ve seen in IKEA or Walmart. See a DIY wall mounted desk idea here.
Floating Corner Desk
This attractive wall mounted corner desk is perfect for your needs. Floating corner desks are out of the way, practical and appealing. This one is small space friendly with a corner design that can go practically anywhere. When not in use as a desk, it can be an attractive bookshelf.
How To Install Your Floating Desk
As amazing as a floating desk is, installing them may take some extra skills. Most of these selections have an expert installation option you can get for a little extra money. We may even know a couple of handy persons (maybe even in your household) that can assist. But if you’re one of those DIYers, here is a link to a site that gives you excellent tips to install your floating desk.