8 Best Full Size Folding Bikes
Best Full Sized Folding Bikes
I love bike riding. There’s something about riding and watching the scenery float by that captivates me. In addition, its under my own power and I can go as fast and as slow as I want. And not the mention the health affects of biking. I’m working my legs, my heart and my senses simultaneously. It’s a great feeling, and a great workout – especially if you’re sitting typing behind a computer as long as I am.
And bikes come in so many shapes and sizes. No matter you style, there is a bike for you. But this site focuses on products that help maximize limited space and full sized bikes that fold do just that. Full sized bikes give you the “full monty” vs mini bikes. But the advantages the smaller bikes had was their compactness. But with the full sized folding variety, you have the fullness and features of a full sized bike with the folding ability which provides so many benefits, which we have listed below.
We’ve curated the best reviewed full sized bikes around. 5 of the best full sized bikes and 3 of the best full sized electric bikes. Enjoy the ride.
5 Best Full Sized Folding Bikes (Non Electric)
1) Xspec 26″ 21-Speed Folding Mountain Trail Bicycle Commuter Foldable Bike, Black/White/Yellow
The Xspec 26″ folding bike has some amazing specs. A High Tensile Steel fram. Shimano components such as Shifters & Rear Derailleurs. The 21-speed function gives you the option to cruise or punch it in high gear. The disc brake technology provides long lasting and gives more stopping power than traditional v-brakes.
And the portability factor has also been well thought out and efficient. The Xspec folds quickly, in about 15 seconds. You can take your bike where ever you go without the need for those pesky bike racks or risking the dangers of locking it up in public spaces with the new Xspec 26″ Folding Bikes.
This streamline frame design is not just for mountains trails, its also great for students, office workers, urban environments, or any convenient commuting. Very versatile.
- ADVANCED DISC BRAKE SYSTEM- Provides a stronger, faster, more reliable stopping power than the traditional V-Brake Systems. Disc brakes also do not wear out your tires and last much longer. Since disc brakes are much more consistent you’ll be able to judge braking more accurately.
- STURDY FOLDABLE FRAME - High tensile steel folding frame that could withstand rough mountain trails and folds flat in seconds with no tools required!
- TOP COMPONENTS - Includes quality name brand products that are known to last, including derailleur and shifters. Also includes alloy double wall rims with 26" Diamond wheels.
- SUSPENSION SYSTEM - Front & Rear Shock Absorbers that could withstand many tough terrain mountain trails or daily commutes.
- Recommended for rider's height 5'3"-6'0". Max weight up to 220lbs - Light Assembly/Tools Required. 30-day warranty included for all orders purchased from the authorized seller, Crosslinks.
Montague Paratrooper is gaining popularity day by day, thanks to the rigid frame structure that makes the foldable bike really suitable for mountain biking. This 24-speed folding bike is tough, rugged, and ready for any ride, be it on a flat road surface or the rough mountain trails. Montague is offering a durable and lightweight front suspension to give you the luxury of a smooth ride on rough terrains, allowing room for some cool and awesome acrobatics. The 24 speeds options ensure that you get the right speed and power to make your ride as smooth and effortless as possible, a nice feature you cannot get easily on the market. The paratrooper is equipped with mechanical disc brakes with pad adjustment and allow lever, and the RackStand for hauling gear.
For the techie guys, the frame is made from a custom drawn 7005 Series Aluminum with DirectConnect System and features a replaceable derailleur hanger and disc mount. The black 32-holed 26” double wall rims are accompanied with 14 gauge stainless spokes and 26” x 2.10” Kinda Kinetics tires. What all that means is that the full-sized foldable bike is designed with rigidity, durability, and strength in mind, so you don’t get too concerned about your bike giving way to the rugged, but interesting mountain terrains.
The ease with which the uniquely designed bike folds is superb, you could literarily fold and unfold it in a few seconds, making it very convenient to carry and store. The bike is portable and lightweight, only about an amazing 30lbs in weight (very light for a mountain bike, amazing)!
3) Kingttu KTG6 Mountain Bike 26 Inches 3 Spoke Wheels Dual Suspension Folding Bike 21 Speed MTB
The army green color already tells it all; Rugged, strong, and flexible! The Kingttu KTG6 Mountain Bike is the ideal foldable bike for those who would love to cruise town with less stress. The mountain-life design means the foldable bike will handle normal terrains like a piece of cake. Interestingly, the army green bike is always ready for the challenge of the rough mountain terrains which is mainly designed for.
The folding bike features a dual suspension to keep balance and provide the most comfortable ride even in the face of unending ups and downs. The 16-inch frame is made of Steel, coupled with a steel suspension fork. While most foldable bikes on the market are fitted on aluminum rims, the Kingttu KTG6 foldable bike spots Magnesium Alloy 3 spoke integrated wheel (Magnesium is like the big uncle overseas that only comes home on special occasions, you don’t get to see it every time), with 26” MTB patterned tire. The bike is equipped with 21 speed Shimano front and rear derailleur, Taiwan BOLI Mechanical Aluminum Disc Brake, quality KMC chain, and most component made from aluminum to keep the bike light.
Even though the bike comes 85% assembled, you will still need the bike mechanic skill from your previous life (Don’t worry, we all learned bike mechanics in our previous lives). You only need to install the front wheel, pedals, handlebar, seat, and air up the tire, then your foldable bike is ready to hit the road. The Bike installation instruction included in the package makes the assembly faster and easier, in less than 10 minutes.
- Dual suspension Folding mountain bike with Dual Disc brake.
- 21 Speed Front /Rear Derailleur and Shifters for Reliable Shifting.Free pedals and comfortable seat include in packages.
- This bicycle arrives with 85% assembled. You need to install the front wheel, pedals, handlebar, seat and air up the tires. We do not supply any bicycle assembly service for online pays or for free.
- Bicycle are the oversize products, some of items may be causing scratches/damages causing during the shipping. If you received such items, please contact us directly for assistance, we will do our best to solve the problem for you at soonest!
- If you have any questions or problems for tuning/install the bike, please feel free contact us directly for assistance.
4) Cyrusher FR100 Folding Mountain Bike Full Suspension 24 Speeds Shimono Shifter with Aluminium Frame Disc Brake and Suspension Fork for Men
Cyrusher! The rough mountain terrain is nothing for this foldable bike to Cyrush. The frame is fabricated from lightweight and strong aluminum alloy for durability and portability and fitted on 26-inch wheel balanced with high-quality suspension fork packed with comfort shock absorption. The front and rear disc brakes and 24-speed Shimano shifting system make the bike suitable for urban and suburban area use, most especially for students and office workers. The various speed options make the bike fit into most purposes, be it leisure or raw rides! While the braking system can guarantee quick and easy maneuvering, the uniquely designed fat tires will make you worry less about the terrain as it is optimized to take on different terrains without any hassle.
Folding and unfolding is as easy as folding a sheet of paper, thanks to the fitted Quick-Release clamp which also makes it portable and very convenient to carry about. The Enhanced Safety and Control feature of the Cyrusher FR100 foldable bike that not only helps keep the cyclist safe even in high speeds and down sloppy terrain but also gives them more control on where and when to stop is not one you get easily, giving this bike an edge over the others.
Above all, the elegance and the look of the bike are awesome, and it will no doubt complement your style.
- Premium Quality : With lightweight and strong aluminum alloy 17 inch Frame,26 inch wheel and the high quality Suspension Fork packed with comfort shock absorption, which can bring a smooth cruising and easy riding.
- Great Braking System: With front and rear disc brakes and 24-speed shimono shifting system, you can choose any speed with perfect brakes and excellent full suspension riding in mud, creeks, sand, road with ease.
- Adjustable & Foldable: It is fitted with a Quick-Release Clamp to assist in folding the bike quickly, it is easy to fold and stow in a corner of your apartment or in your car trunk taking it with you anywhere.
- Unique Tire: Fat Tires that can easily take on the different types of off road terrains. It comes with 24-speeds that can handle hilly terrains and the gear change is awesome and smooth.
- Enhanced Safety And Control: The front and rear disc brakes and help keep the cyclist safe even in high speeds and down sloppy terrains. You will also have more control on when and where to stop.
5) Stowabike 26″ MTB V2 Folding Dual Suspension 18 Speed Shimano Gears Mountain Bike
This is the ideal bike for those people who wants a rugged, tough, and compact bike at budget prices. While most bikes in the same categories as the Stowabike folding bike go for around $400 plus, this full-sized foldable mountain bike is priced at just around $169. Well, you might be guessing some of the components must have been downsized to make up for the affordable price, however, the bike is made of premium materials and packs the features found in most foldable bikes these days. It features a dual suspension which handles the shock absorption pretty well even in the face of off-road mountain terrains. At $170, you get a 26” steel folding frame with 26” suspension steel fork, spring shock, a KMC C30 chain, 3 speed grip shifter on the left and 6 speed grip shifter, derailleur, 6 speed freewheel, single wall alloy rims, Wanda 26×1.95, steel v-brakes, and steel handlebar.
The most amazing part of the foldable bike is perhaps the combination of the dual suspension and the sturdy frame, which makes even the roughest of terrains relatively smooth and enjoyable and also making it perfect for those who want to commute to the train station or those hoping to take some leisurely ride during breaks at work. The bike can be folded into 38.2 x 12.6 x 29.5 inches size and weighs 36lbs, that is as much portability you get with $160, but the rolling wheels means you can simply wheel your bike in and out without straining your shoulders.
- Frame: 26" steel Stowabike folding frame
- Fork: 26" suspension steel fork
- 18-Speed Mountain Bike
- Tyres: Wanda 26¡Á1.95"
- Brake: steel v-brakes
3 Best Full Sized Electric Folding Bikes
1) ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike with 26 Inch Wheel, Large Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery (36V 250W), Premium Full Suspension and Shimano Gear
From the design to the structure, this beautiful road beast is designed to give bikers the best of both worlds in terms of comfort and power. First is the collapsible metal frame that lets you fold your bike for easy storage and unfold it back without hassle. The frame, the saddle tube, and the wheel are all fabricated from aluminum alloy, which ultimately makes the bike strong, rigid, durable, and ready for your everyday use.
The ANCHEER AN-EB003 electric bike is powered by a 36V 8Ah lithium-ion battery and a 250W stable motor that can take you on a journey of 15 – 30 miles at the maximum speed of 15mph per charge. A big motor obviously needs steady wheels. This bike is mounted on ultra-strong 26” bead spoke wheels made of double layer aluminum alloy and covered with anti-slip wear resistant thick tire. The dual shock absorption is becoming the industry standard, and ANCHEER is not lacking in that aspect too. The motor is coupled with the 21-speed Shimano professional transmission to provide adequate and appropriate power when needed and mechanical front and rear disc-brake design to offer greater control and more reliable stopping power no matter what. You also get the LED 3-speed smart meter button to help you configure the electric assist power according to your taste and to switch seamlessly between the three working modes.
- COLLAPSIBLE METAL FRAME: This folding ebike ultra lightweight yet strong aluminum for quick folding and easy storage; Double shock absorption. Mechanical front and rear disc-brake design and 21-speed professional transmission system.New!! Have Spare Batteries.
- ELECTRIC SYSTEM --- Equipped with the 36V 8AH lithium-Ion front battery and 250W stable motor, you can reach a range of up to 15-30 miles at toppest speed 15mph per charge. Plenty for a day’s adventure or most trips to travel and back.
- ULTRA STRONG WHEELS: 26 inch bead spoke wheels are made of aluminum alloy and anti-slip wear resistant thick tire. Suit for Rainy snowy mountain way and road way.
- 3 WORKING MODES --- Ebike & Assisted bicycle & Normal bike. With the LED 3-speed smart meter button, you can choose the electric assist power according to your needs. You can add a burst of speed with the throttle, which is ideal for pulling away from traffic lights. Combining three modes would be a better choice.
- SERVICE AVAILABLE --- With one-year warranty for the electric motor, battery and other parts except for frame, no worry about using it. This bicycle arrives 85% assembled. It's not hard to finish aseembly by yourself. The assembly service on this page is provided and charged by Amazon’s third-party company, if you can't finish by yourself, click on the “Select Assembly ” button above; choose "Ship to store for assembly and pick up".
2) Swagtron EB-8 Outlaw Fat Tire Electric Bike – Foldable Off-Road Fat eBike 20-inch Wheels with Power Assist, Freehub and Shimano 7-Speed Gear Shifts, Black, Large
If the beautiful, modern aesthetics of this bike is not enough to get you over-excited to click the buy now button, the 3-cyling mode that lets you decide the purpose for your bike, whether for a long time travel, for exercise, or for just one of those leisure sunset rides, should be enough to let you drop the bucks. The Swagtron folding electric bike is equipped with the state-of-the-art 7-speed Shimano gearing coupled with powerful front and rear disc brakes to give you the ultimate control over your e-bike, ensuring there is blend between leisure, comfort, power, and speed.
This beauty is powered by a 350W stable motor with a maximum speed up to 18.6 mph and an endurance mileage of about 21.4 miles on a single charge. The bicycle depends on a strong and durable 36V/8.8 AH lithium battery for electric power. On the ergonomics aspect, the bike features an adjustable and removable seat to give you room to find the perfect, comfortable alignment with your back. The seat is also anti-slip and wear resistant, to ensure you get the most convenient feel.
Fast. Silent. Efficient. Ride Beyond the beaten path and experience the power to go farther in the great outdoors. The EB-8 is a folding, all-terrain electric fat bike that provides enhanced off-road mobility. Enjoy greater traction over rough, uneven terrain with durable 4-inch air-filled fat tires mounted on 20-inch wheels. These wide tires provide superior traction, grip, and shock absorption that outclasses standard tires. Tackle loose and rough terrain like sand, snow, dirt, gravel, mud and more. Let nothing stand in your way.
- Folding Bike – The single-fold design of EB-8 off-road electric bicycle makes it easily portable, able to fit in compact spaces.
- Pedelec Hybrid Bike – Ride with as much or as little effort as you want. Choose between 3 riding modes: full throttle, pedal assist, or pedal only.
- Built-In Battery Lock – The built-in lock at the center of the motorized bicycle frame locks the e bike battery in place when the bike is folded. Locking the battery activates the EB-8's electrical functions that lets the bike power on or off.
- Off-Road Ready Fat Tires – This mountain e bike features 4-inch air-filled tires mounted on 20-inch wheels. And the EB-8 power bike’s full front and rear suspensions lets you ride smoothly over rough, uneven terrain with maximum traction.
- Zero-Noise, Zero-Odor, Zero-Emission – Unlike a moped, the EB-8 motor bike generates no noise or odors for adventures from start to finish. Perfect for outdoor and nature enthusiasts looking for the best hybrid bikes.
3) Aceshin 26” Folding Electric Mountain Bike with Removable Large Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery (36V 250W), Electric Bicycle 21 Speed Gear and Three Working Modes
You want to be unlimited? You need a bike that can go anywhere; mountain terrains, city roads, sandy roads, gravel layered roads. You need this ACESHIN Folding electric mountain bike! The frame and pedal are made of Aluminum alloy and the front fork is high-strength carbon steel comfort shock absorption, the mileage range of around 15 miles (30 miles with pedal assist mode), maximum speed or 15-17 mph, 36V 8Ah lithium battery with a smart battery charger, 250W stable high speed brushless gear motors, 3-speed smart meter button, dual suspension, Shimano 21 speed shifter, and a 26” super lightweight magnesium alloy 6 spokes integrated wheel with anti-slip, wear resistant thick tire to perfect this best.
The bike only weighs about 25kg, and the ingenuous folding technology of the bike means it can be folded and unfolded without hassle, which all translates as an easier, less stressful way of packing your bike and tucking it into your car when you are going for an adventure. The bike is so portable that you can practically carry it wherever you want to take it. The overall look and feel of the bike is stylish and radiant, and will definitely match the taste of all youths and sport-lovers.
- 【HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL】 - The electic bike use aluminum alloy frame, the front fork is made of high-strength carbon steel and packed with premium comfort shock absorption; The front and rear wheels are double layer aluminum alloy wheel.
- 【LARGE CAPACITY REMOVABLE LITHIUM BATTERY】 - 36V/8AH li battery supports 25km/15.5mile ( E-Bike Mode ) to 50km/31mile ( Assisted Mode ) ridding, equipped with smart lithium battery charger, fast charging only need 4-6 hours. Adapting to need of your long-distance riding.
- 【250W HIGH SPEED GEAR SHIFT SYSTEM】 - The E-bike wields front and rear disc brakes and 21-speed transmission system, you can adjust suitable speed to complete your journey and perfect brakes fully guarantee your safety.
- 【ERGONOMIC DETAILS DESIGN】 - Ergonomic handbar, adjustable seat and RST, anti-slip and wear resistant tire. The bright LED headlamp and horn are equipped for night riding. Meter has 3-speed smart button. We attention every detail of each component.
- 【3 Working Models】 - E-bike & Assisted bicycle & Normal bike. With the LED 3-speed smart meter button, you can choose the electric assist power according to your needs. You can add a burst of speed with the throttle, which is ideal for pulling away from traffic lights. Combining three modes would be a better choice
10 Benefits Of A Full-size Folding Bike
Folding bikes have come a long way from their early days. They no longer have the problems they were once associated with and they have become assets to many people in their own right. Today they have the same performance as a regular bike. In fact, they are doing so well, they have folding mountain bikes as well as folding super compact bikes. There are many benefits of owning one of these bikes, but the 10 best reasons are listed below.
1) Full-sized vs. Mini Bikes
Full sized bikes are a good way to get around, but you cannot beat the folding bike in practicality. Not only can you take it with you where ever you go, but it allows you to put it where ever it needs to go. You cannot do that in the same way with a full sized bike. A full sized bike can only be put in certain places like on the front of a bus if you are in the city or on the roof of a car when you are transporting it.
2) How are they Better
Today, folding bikes can be treated as hand luggage and extremely compact. You cannot store a regular bicycle as you can a folding bike. They come with small and large wheels depending on your needs. The differences in tires mean you can accelerate a lot more quickly than on a regular bike.
3) Full Sized Folding Bikes: Perfect for Small Apartments & Small Garages
Storing a folding bike is easy in a small apartment or in a small garage the fold up small enough to be carried and that means they can fold up easily enough to be stored. And if you have a number of stairs to climb, the compactness a folding bike brings makes it even easier. They can even fit in some storage lockers at the bus and train depots. This can be convenient for those that do not have space at the office.
4) Commuter Benefits of Full Sized Folding Bikes
As stated above, not only can this bike easily be stored in one of the storage facilities at the train depot, it can also be easily carried onto the train and sit by your feet or in the racks above your head. This makes it easy to take the train to work while living further away from the main city and bicycling in.
5) Transport Benefits of Full Sized Folding Bikes
The folding bike is lighter than a normal bike and is extremely easy to put in into overhead storage compartments whether you are riding on a bus or a train and many, because of the size of the wheels weight 11.5 kilograms or less. Having a bicycle that weights so little makes it easy for people who are not as strong to transport them. And this becomes so convenient when you’re on a biking trip that requires carrying the bike from one place to another.
6) Why Older Bikers Love Full Sized Bikes
For older people, having a form of transport that is not expensive is a must. The folding bike costs are well within even the tightest budgets. As noted above, they also do not weigh as much as a full sized bicycle which makes it easy for an aging adult to move it around without feeling the strain of a full-sized bicycle. In addition, the full sized frames are easier to manage than mini bikes. And with these benefits they may be a better fit than having a car.
7) Theft Deterrent Abilities of Full Sized Folding Bikes
Having a folding bike means never having to worry about your bike being stolen. Most people will be unaware of how to fold or unfold it up correctly to steal it. It also means that the time it takes to steal it would be increased and would make it more likely for them to be caught in the act of removing it. And with a folding bike it does not have to be locked up outside a building which makes it more tempting. I can be brought up into an apartment or office until ready to use.
8) Low Maintenance Benefits of Full Sized Bikes
A bike needs to be treated regularly for basic maintenance, but the pocket bike can be folded up and kept out of the weather which a regular bike would be subject to. If you get one of the models with smaller tires you are less likely to need to fix a flat tire if you do have problems as the tire has less surface area to get a puncture. This also means you will not need to carry as many tools for repair and those that you do carry will not take up as much room in your pack.
9) Folding Bikes Don’t Depreciate Like Regular Bikes
Even the most amazing vehicle will depreciate over time unless it is taken care of. A folding bike does not depreciate like other things because of its unique structure. It is also something that can be frequently in demand for people looking for a better way to commute to work or store a bicycle.
10) Amazing Features
A full sized folding bike generally means having large wheels which means less effort to get the bike going quickly. Because of its full size it has the bells and whistles that smaller bikes may not have space for. Full sized bikes can also get you where you want to get faster due to the large wheel set.
The Benefits of owning a folding bicycle are many and every owner has their own reasons for getting one. As cities get more crowded and storing things takes up more room the needs to more stuff to be compact and practical is growing.