With even tighter schedules and less free time, more people are finding it harder to go to the gym to work out. If you can relate to that situation, then all hope is not lost for you. Home training could prove to be just the answer for you. Working out from home is very possible, even with less free time and tight schedules. Furthermore, it can be just as effective as working out in a gym. To start with, working from home is very cheap, as they are no associated gym charges required. Also, unlike in gyms, you can work out from home at your own time and convenience.
An effective way of working from home is by the use of treadmills. Treadmill exercises always record tremendous results in the users, which make them ideal exercising tools. Using treadmills is quite an easy process, and is very convenient for users, as a person can use it whenever they want, even during bad weather. More so, treadmills make it possible for a user to set and maintain their desired pace. By doing so, the users benefit from better workouts.
However, you might feel that treadmills are just not the thing for you, especially if you live in a place where space is a problem. But, you need not worry, as there are compact treadmills designed for such small spaces as yours. These compact treadmills are usually light, and are designed to fit even the tightest of all spaces. They are also quite affordable. Furthermore, they are portable and can be folded, such that they can be placed anywhere in a home. Despite the fact that these treadmills are designed in smaller sizes than those in gyms, they offer the exact benefits that running or walking on a gym treadmill offers.
We’ve found the top 14 compact treadmills, all well reviewed and with a plethora of features. We start the list with our top 5. Enjoy!
NordicTrack T Series
The Nordic Track Series includes different versions of compact treadmills, such as T 6.5 and 8.5hS. These compact treadmills go for very affordable prices. Furthermore, they are the most foldable and light treadmills, and can therefore be stored anywhere to save up on space. This is simply the best compact treadmill you can own.
- It has a very robust structure to support even heavier weights.
- It is foldable, which helps to save space when not in use.
- Consists of an high quality treadmill belt, of size 20 x 55-inches.
- The treadmill comes with 20 preset workouts, which have been designed by experts.
- Nordic Track Series can be fitted with iFit. Therefore, a user can walk or run on set Google map routes. The treadmill will always make adjustments to the incline as indicated by the terrain on the map.
- It included a sound system, which can be connected to the iPod or, alternatively, to an MP3 player.
- For clearer tracking of the progress, speed and calories burnt, this compact treadmill is fitted with a large 5-inch display, which clearly displays all that information.
- The Nordic Track Series treadmills lack cooling fans in their system.
- If one intends to fit an iFit monitor, this should be bought separately.
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 1-year iFit family membership included; create up to 5 individual exercise profiles; Access live, studio, and global workouts ($468 value)
- Immersive 10-inch interactive HD touchscreen streams on-demand iFit workouts directly to your equipment and provides easy stats tracking; SMART-Response motor for effective running and cardio training
- 10 % OneTouch incline control; 10 MPH SMART OneTouch speed control; Your iFit trainer auto-adjusts your smart treadmill’s speed and incline for a fully-optimized workout that meets your goals
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage; 20” x 50” tread deck offers plenty of leg and elbow space while you run
- 300-pound user capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; 54” H x 36” W x 73.5” L
ASUNA Space Saving Treadmill, Flat Folding with Speakers for AUX Audio Connection – 8730/G
The Asuna Space Saving treadmill includes a large-sized deck, which can also be folded to fit into tighter spaces in the house. The running deck is also very comfortable, such that a person can still walk or run, and watch TV shows or listen to music at the same time.
- The running deck is spacious enough, with a size of 19 x 61 inches. This gives a person ample space for walking and running.
- It includes additional handrails and deck railing, which provide added support and increase the safety of the treadmill.
- The treadmill can be easily folded for easy storage and saving of space.
- Has a strong motor, which can reach a 2.5 horsepower.
- When placed against a wall or any surface, the Asuna Space Saving treadmill stands upright.
- The treadmill comes with 8 workout programs, designed by experts and pros. More so, a user can create their own 3 customized workout programs, which fit their goals.
- There is a USB charging port installed in the treadmill, from which iPods and other devices can be charged while working out.
- The Asuna Space Saving treadmill has a limited speed range of 8 mph.
- It can only support a maximum weight of 220 lbs.
- EASY-TO-USE DISPLAY: Watch your workout progress in real time with the 4-window display. View your time, distance, speed, and calories burned all at the same time. Use the integrated pedometer to track your steps during each exercise session.
- ULTRA-PORTABLE DESIGN: This running treadmill can be easily and securely folded flat with the included folding key. Take advantage of the low-profile design, which makes it easy to slide the machine under surfaces and move it from room to room.
- PLAY YOUR TUNES: Connect your music device to the onboard 3. 5mm headphone port to listen to music through the integrated speakers on the treadmill. Mount your favorite devices on the treadmill by using the convenient tablet holder.
- STURDY BUILD: This treadmill supports a maximum user weight of 220lbs. Reduce impact on your joints as you walk or run when you strike against the shock-absorption-equipped running deck, compared to exercising on concrete or other hard surfaces.
- POWERFUL MOTOR: This gold-colored treadmill is powered by a 2. 5-peak horsepower motor that supports speeds from 0. 6mph to 8mph. Change your speed in an instant with the on-console quick buttons.
Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
The Merax Electric folding treadmill consists of almost every basic feature needed for a complete treadmill workout. However, it is specifically meant for those who intend to walk, rather than jog. It has a relatively small motor, and is a pretty efficient treadmill for those who do not desire intensive exercises.
- The Merax treadmill can be folded and therefore, easily stored after working out.
- The 500W motor installed in the treadmill produces little to no noise. Therefore, a person can comfortably watch TV or listen to music without any interruptions, during the exercise.
- Includes an option to monitor the heart rate.
- The treadmill has been designed with an emergency stop key for added safety.
- It is easily portable and can be moved around, having transportation wheels in its structure.
- Comes with 3 already installed workout programs.
- Includes a large in-built LCD display for displaying important workout data.
- Relatively cheap.
- The Merax Electric treadmill has a low powered motor. This makes the treadmill only fit for walking, but not for jogging or running.
- It can support a maximum weight capacity of 220 lbs.
- The structure includes some part made of plastic, which can get damaged during transportation or storage.
- 【Real Space Saver】Super fast and easy assembly. This Merax folding treadmill boasts a compact footprint and fast folding design with convenient transportation wheels to move around without hassle. You can either store it in your living room, study, a small corner or under the bed.
- 【Multi-functional Display with Speakers】Multi-functional LCD Display to track your performance in time, speed, distance and calories burnt, promising a superior and effective home treadmill workout. Simply plug in your phone or insert USB flash drive, and you can emerge into training with your workout playlist. Phone/Pad deck available.
- 【Strong 1.5HP Motor】A smooth and quiet 1.5HP treadmill motor allows for 12 preset programs and 3 count-down modes, supports speeds ranging from 0.8 – 12 KM/H (0.5 – 7.5 MPH) to help you meet a variety of fitness goals.
- 【Convenient Shortcut Buttons】Quick buttons on handles help instantly start or stop the running machine or easily change speed settings during workout. This Merax treadmill is also specially designed with a high-density lawn texture belt that absorbs shock for premium comfort with non-slip feature for maximum safety.
- Merax treadmill product Size: 55” x 23.5” x 43”. Folded Size: 29.5” x 23.5” x 49”. Max weight capacity: 240 LBS. To play music via speaker, use flash drive only (.mp3 format). The USB port does not support playing music on phone.
Sunny Health Fitness Manual Treadmill
Compared with the other expensive treadmills found in gyms, this particular compact treadmill goes for approximately a third of their prices. The Sunny Health and Fitness treadmill can be used by everyone in a family. This is because it consists of the basic features required in a working treadmill.
- This treadmill is very easy to assemble. It consists of fewer screws which need to be put in, making the entire assembling process to take at most 30 minutes.
- Has a clear and large display, which shows the time, calories burnt, distance covered and the heart rate.
- Sunny Health and Fitness treadmill includes holders in its structure, where iPods, phones and other drinks can be put while exercising.
- It can be folded to fit into even tighter spaces and rooms.
- The treadmill can be folded, which makes it easy to store, adding to the fact that it is also very light.
- The equipment comes with 9 workout programs pre-installed in the system.
- Sunny Health and Fitness treadmill has quite a small incline.
- It also has a small track size.
- It can only support a maximum weight of 220 pounds.
- MULTI-GRIP HANDRAILS: Sweat-resistant rails support many grips, so you can push against the tread and run or walk in various positions
- AMPLE TREAD DECK: Large running surface (53L X 16W) provides support and room for exercise. The manual treadmill measures at 59L X 27W X 55H inches with a max weight of 300LBS. 13. 5% Fixed Incline
- MANUAL TREAD: Requires zero electricity and completely self-powered. The adjustable resistance and fixed incline allow you to enjoy a versatile and muscular power based cardio workouts
- 16 RESISTANCE LEVELS: 16 levels of magnetic tension provide the opportunity for a full body cardio workout.
- DUAL STRUCTURE FLYWHEELS: Creates stable and smooth response for the user. Weight of flywheels requires a higher energy demand from the user to get the belt started. Increases speed, power output and tensions
ANCHEER Treadmill, Electric Treadmills for Home with LCD Motorized
The ANCHEER treadmill is one of the latest treadmills in the market. It is quite affordable and the operation process is very simple to understand. It can be used for both walking and running workouts, for the entire family. The fact that it is foldable does not degrade its quality.
- The ANCHEER treadmill is built with a digital LCD display, attached to a Pulse grip. This enhanced monitor displays workout data, such as the speed and distance covered, heart and pulse rate as well as the calories burnt.
- The treadmill includes 12 pre-installed workout programs to help a user achieve their fitness goals.
- It is easy to assemble and set up.
- It has a quick-folding design, which helps to save space.
- The structure includes transportation wheels, which make the treadmill very portable and easy to move around.
- The treadmill runs quietly, as it includes a low noise motor. Hence, a person can comfortably multitask working out with watching TV or listening to music.
- Can be set at any pace, whether walking, jogging or running.
- The ANCHEER treadmill has a limited top speed of 6 mph.
- It is best suited for covering longer distances, but not short distances.
- 【❤Unprecedented Price 399.99→379.99→309.99!! Digital Lcd Monitor & Pulse Grip】Monitor the heart and pulse rate, different progress in time, speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned, included with 12 workout programs that keep you challenged with your fitness goals.
- [Space Saver Design] Super easy assembly and fast. Compact footprint and a quick-folding design, the convenient transport wheel allows you to move easily and fold it for easy. Expanded size: 50.39 x 23.62 x 46.45 inches, folding size: 50.39 x 23.58 x 9.45 inches, suitable for families, dormitories, offices.
- 【Multiple Choice of Modes】Manual mode P1-P12, time from minimum 5 to maximum 99 by press the “+ -”you can adjust distance from minimum 1KM to maximum 99KMS. Also can adjust calorie from minimum 10Cal to maximum 990Cal.
- 【Quiet & Safety to use】Low noise motor, safety key and an emergency switch off button that immediately cuts off the power supply, running with a shock-absorbing system, high-strength, high-elastic double-layer running board, non-slip anti-static lawn texture running belt. Best for jogging, walking, running and aerobics at home.
- 【What You Get】ANCHEER offer treadmills from US warehouse and 12-Month free friendly customer service. If you don't satisfied with ANCHEER treadmill or have any question about the product, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Merax Folding Electric Motorized Running Treadmill
The Merax Folding electric treadmill is very reasonably priced. It includes the basic functionality aspects to ensure a safe and efficient home workout. This treadmill is a great option for those living in tight spaces, as it can be folded to fit any storage space.
- Goes for a relatively cheap price.
- Includes a functional LCD display, for showing the workout data and the calories burnt.
- The motor works quietly, ensuring a quiet and comfortable workout.
- Running on the Merax Folding treadmill feels springy, since the treadmill has been designed to include a 4-layer PVC.
- The structure of the treadmill includes two types of holders; for holding cups and phones.
- Can be easily folded to save up on space.
- The treadmill has a sturdy structure, which ensures a durable treadmill.
- Can be used for all workout paces; walking, jogging and running.
- Assembling of the Merax Folding treadmill is quite an easy process.
- The general weight of the treadmill is quite heavy.
- Has a relatively short track, which makes it challenging for tall people to jog or run.
- The belt of the treadmill tends to become loose, requiring frequent adjustments.
- Interactive personal training at home powered by FitShow Sports App. Advanced Bluetooth connection allows FitShow sync your performance, adjust your treadmill’s speed at your fingertips.
- Enjoy a quiet workout with a powerful motor perfect for walking, jogging and running in the comfort of your own home, speed ranging between 0.5-10 MPH.
- Integrated device deck that’s compatible with most smartphone
- Other features: Compact folding design with easy lift and transport wheels so that you can fold up your treadmill after workout and roll it away for simple storage. 3 Manual incline options available.
- Spacious 16.5” x 47.5” tread belt provides an added sense of security and freedom. Assembled Size: 56.9” x 22.8” x 45.1”. Folded Size: 36.6” x 22.8” x 47.2”. Weight Capacity: 264 lbs
Goplus 2.25HP Electric Folding Treadmill with Manual Incline
The Goplus Electric Folding treadmill is just the treadmill to acquire, if you are the sort that love doing things fast. Its assembling process is very simple and fast. This treadmill also saves on time and space, as it has a quick-folding feature.
- The treadmill comes with a large number of present workout programs; 99 programs to be specific.
- Includes a great LED display, 11 inches, for displaying workout statistics and calories burnt.
- The treadmill is designed with a heart rate monitor belt, which measures the user’s pulse.
- The intelligence control system included in the treadmill makes it possible for the equipment to make automatic adjustments, depended on a person’s heart rate.
- The vertical folding design of the Goplus Electric Folding treadmill helps to save space.
- With this treadmill, it is possible to perform manual incline adjustments.
- Includes a USB charger for charging devices.
- Small running deck size of 43.3 x 15.8 inches, which can be quite difficult to use for people whose height exceed 6 foot.
- The Goplus Electric Folding treadmill can only reach a maximum speed of 7.5 mph.
- The maximum weight which can be supported by the treadmill is 220 lbs.
- 【Heavy Duty Construction & 2.25 HP Impulse Max Motor】Made from high quality steel, the capacity of the treadmill is up to 250lbs, as far as possible to meet your needs. 2.25 horsepower quite impulse motor deliver power for interval, speed, or endurance training. Don't worry it will make big noise to bother people downstairs.
- 【5" Blue-Ray LCD Display & 17" X 47" Rubber Running Belt】Features with 5" blue-ray LCD display, this treadmill provides better watching experience. It shows Time, Distance, Calories, Speed, Pulse and Incline. 17" X 47" big rubber running belt provides more comfortable and more stable workout experience.
- 【Adjustable Incline Level& Speed】The inclination of this treadmill could be manually adjusted in 3 levels, helps you burn more calories, tone more muscle, and build greater endurance. Running speed of this treadmill could be adjusted from 0.5-7.5MPH.You could choose different speed base on different workout purposes.
- 【Foldable design & Cushioning Design】Easy folding mechanism and a soft drop system to help you fold and unfold your treadmill safely and with ease. This treadmill also feature with 4 silicone pads, 2 on each side of the machine, which can reduce noise and descrease vibration to your floor efficiently.
- 【Safety Key & 12 Built-in Workout Programs】Safety Key connect you and the machine, emergency stop button on the handrail, which double protect you while working out. 12 built-in programs are available for you to choose, these easy-to-use exercise programs help to improve your cardiovascular fitness, boost your health, and burn fat.
Aceshin Electric Folding Treadmill Power Motorized Walking Jogging Running
Like most of the compact treadmills, the Aceshin Electric Folding Treadmill includes a quick-folding design. This helps to save both time and storage space. It also makes it easy to transport the treadmill when not being used.
- The treadmill includes a motor which works with little to no noise being produced. It doesn’t, therefore, cause any distractions to other people in the house.
- It is reasonably priced, going for even less than $300.
- For added safety, the treadmill has an emergency switch installed in its structure.
- The equipment comes with 12 preset workout programs, which help to keep a person within their fitness goals.
- Suitable for all treadmill workout exercises, that is, walking, jogging and running.
- A user can adjust the distance within a range of 1kilometre to 99 kilometers.
- Most of the Aceshin Electric Folding treadmills have been reported to come with some minor defects in either their structure, or functioning. However, these defective equipment can be replaced.
Sunny Health Fitness SF-T7603 Electric Treadmill
The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-T4400 treadmill is among the most recommended compact treadmills for home workouts. These treadmills are sold are relatively low prices. The low prices do not indicate that these treadmills are defective or less efficient. On the contrary, the cheap Sunny Health and Fitness SF-T4400 treadmill works just as effectively as other expensive and big treadmills.
- The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-T4400 treadmill has a highly powerful motor, with an horsepower peak of 2.20.
- Includes a running deck with ample space, of 15.75 x 82 inches
- The exercise equipment can go for higher speeds of up to 10 mph.
- A user can easily adjust the incline, up to 5%. The handrail controls can also be easily used for the incline.
- This treadmill is designed with a large LCD display, for showing the time taken, distance covered, pulse rate and calories burnt.
- It comes with 9 workout programs, specifically designed by experts for cardio exercises and weight loss.
- The Sunny Health and Fitness SF-T4400 treadmill structure has holders designed for holding phones or a tablet.
- The hand grips of the treadmill includes a system for monitoring the pulse rate.
- Can be easily folded, using the soft drop mechanism.
- Has quite a narrow track in the end part.
- Can only support a maximum weight of 220 lbs.
- 【STURDY, QUIET & HIGH QUALITY】Solid steel construction with extra shock absorption system makes your indoor run or walk a steady and effective cardio workout while getting the best value from sunny treadmills
- 【LCD MONITOR & PULSE GRIP】Monitors the heart and pulse rate, track distance and time, included with 9 workout programs that keep you challenged with your fitness goals
- 【ADJUSTABLE INCLINE & SHOCK ABSORPTION】Tune up your workout with 3 levels of adjustable incline, less impact on your legs and joints with built-in treadmill cushioning vs. Hard asphalt outdoors
- 【COMPACT, PORTABLE & GREAT VALUE】16' X 49" tread belt, easily fold up to 32.5" X 27" X 58" In 5 seconds, 2 transportation wheels make it easier than EVER to move this treadmill without damaging your floor
- 【SPEED RANGE】0.5 to 9 mph 【WEIGHT LIMIT】220 lbs
Yiilove Compact Electric Treadmill for Small Spaces
The Yiilove Compact Electric Treadmill is a mini foldable treadmill. It is specifically designed for those users who intend to exercise by walking. This treadmill is among the new designs in the market, but have still recorded good performance in the reviews.
- Includes a multi-functional LCD display, which displays workout statistics, such as, speed, distance covered and the number of reduced calories. This data is essential in helping to track a person’s fitness goals.
- The motor installed in the system works quietly and causes no distractions.
- Includes a safety key for stopping the treadmill easily, when necessary.
- The cheap price of the treadmill is very user-friendly.
- Includes several preset workout programs, to help a user in attaining their fitness goals.
- The maximum weight which can be supported by the Yiilove Compact Electric Treadmill is 220 lbs. Bigger people can, therefore, not use this treadmill.
- Has a relatively small running deck, which provides a smaller running space.
- [Space Saver Design]: Foldable design and transportation wheels allow for easy mobility and portable foldable treadmill for storage,pefect for home , dormitory, office use.Sturdy steel frame, durable to use; support maximum weight up to 220lb/100kg.
- [Multifunctional LCD Display]: Multi-functional display that allows user to Track progress in speed, distance, heart RATE and calories burned. You can clearly see your performance and progress. Help you make a perfect workout plan according to these data.
- [Safety Function]: Low noise motor and auto-stop safety function,the treadmill equipped with the safety key so it can stop immediately in emergency situations-Double safety protection.
- [Heart Rate Monitor]: Wireless pulse sensor monitors your heart rate to achieve optimal intensity levels by by simply placing your thumb on the pulse sensor of handrail.
- [Suitable for]: This treadmill is the perfect tool for losing weight or working out. Its durable, reliable and loaded with valuable features, help you exercise and improve your confidence, great for family women, office workers, students.
3G Cardio Pro Runner Folding Treadmill
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner Folding Treadmill is a very comfortable treadmill. It is designed with the Ortho Flex Shock Suspension System, which is responsible for the additional comfort of this particular treadmill. It also includes a duty motor, which ensures the continuous running of the treadmill.
- A user can adjust the incline for up to 15%.
- High speeds of up to 12 mph can be reached with the 3G Cardio Pro Runner Folding Treadmill.
- The treadmill is designed with two holders for holding water bottles.
- The structure includes a cooling fan, which makes the entire workout performance more comfortable.
- There are three screens designed in the treadmill, for tracking the heart rate, monitoring the distance covered and displaying workout statistics, respectively.
- The model treadmill comes with 8 workout programs and 3 more fitness test programs. The user can also add their own 2 customized workout programs.
- The 3G Cardio Pro Runner Folding Treadmill can only support a maximum weight of 350 pounds.
- Lacks any audio features and built-in speakers
- The display screens are quite small and can be hard to read during the workout.
- Small enough to fold up and store in the corner of a room with a 40” x 35” dimension without having to disassemble.
- Has a built in heart rate interactive pulse monitor and an optional wireless HR chest belt.
- Our Orthopedic Belt will get you moving with it’s large 20.5″ x 58″ running space.
- 3.0 Horsepower. Continuous Duty DC Motor. 2 Inch Roller. 20.5 Inch x 58 Inch orthopedic belt. 350 lb max user weight.
Aceshin Treadmill for Walking, Folding Treadmills for Small Spaces
The most outstanding features of this compact running equipment are an auto-safety function and a self-lubrication system. The main purpose of an auto-safety function is to stop the running treadmill during emergencies. On the other hand, self-lubrication features in the Aceshin treadmill make running of the device by itself possible, even at maximum speeds.
- Includes a Multi-functional LCD screen, which displays the distance covered, speed, calories burnt and the heart rate.
- The Aceshin treadmill is designed with a sensor, where a person can place their thumb and monitor their heart rate during the workout.
- The treadmill is available in three colors, to fit the different tastes and preference of users.
- It works quietly and efficiently.
- Includes a double safety protection mode.
- The Aceshin treadmill lacks a pause button. Therefore, whenever a user intends to get out, they have to stop the treadmill.
Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill
The Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill is a compact treadmill that has had many positive reviews from its users. It comes with several fitness apps and does a good job in displaying important workout data, during the exercise performance. Approximately 4 users can store their profile in the Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill.
- The Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill contains a 3.75 CHP motor with a high horsepower.
- Consists of a large display, for showing workout data; time taken, distance, speed, reduced calories and heart rate.
- The structure is fitted with chest straps, which monitor the user’s heart rate.
- The burn out console of the Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill has Bluetooth connectivity, that make it possible for a user to log in their fitness statistics.
- Has a USB port where devices can be charged conveniently.
- Includes 9 preset workout programs which offer good exercise routines to help a user meet their fitness goals.
- The treadmill can be folded, saving up on space and making it easier to store it.
- Some designs have been reported to include minor flaws in the structure or functionality.
- 7. 5 inch color backlit LCD screen
- Bluetooth connectivity for connecting to Bowflex JRNY the personalized coaching technology and other popular fitness apps
- 20" x 60" running surface, 2.75" rollers, and a 3.5 CHP motor for a great feel
- 9 intuitive “push and go” workout programs
- One-touch adjustments for speeds up to 12MPH and motorized incline up to 15%
Folding Treadmill Electric Motorized Walking
This folding electric treadmill is one of the best compact treadmills in the market today. It includes almost every basic feature of the ideal treadmill. Its design is also user-friendly and can be used by every person in the family.
- The Folding treadmill has a unique foldable design which helps to save on space and storage.
- Has transportation wheels which make the treadmill portable and easy to move around.
- It is designed with a sturdy steel frame, making it a highly durable equipment.
- Fitness apps can be incorporated into the system, such as Bluetooth FitShow Sports app.
- The treadmill has a manual inclination treadmill.
- Comes with 12 preset different workout programs to help a user achieve their fitness goals.
- The motor in the system works quietly, and its horsepower ensures the perfect workout performance is attained.
- The treadmill supports only a maximum weight of 265 lbs.
- Has a relatively low speed of 6.0 mph.
- Has a smaller running deck surface.
How To Get Fit Using A Treadmill
If a particular machine is to generate optimum results, then it has to be used properly. The same case applies to treadmills; you can only get fit if you use a treadmill properly. Getting fit when using treadmills simply means success in improving your cardiovascular fitness. On the other hand, when treadmills are not used properly, they can not only lead to your not attaining your fitness goals, but also increase the risk of your suffering short-term or long-term injuries. The following 5 steps explain how to use a treadmill properly;
Be familiar with the treadmill of your choice. Learn how to make adjustments of speed and incline.
Before you start your workout on the treadmill, stretch. The stretching could include performing 10 dynamic stretches, such as swinging your arms and legs. The main purpose of stretching is loosening up the joints and muscles.
When you get on the treadmill, don’t start immediately on the treadmill belt. Rather, hold on to the handrails, while placing your feet on the sides of the treadmill belt. When the belt starts moving, step on the belt, each feet at a time. When you start walking, let go of the handrails.
If your main goal is achieving a speed walking workout, than start walking at a slow pace. If you intend to do a steady-state running workout, then start walking at a faster pace, or even jogging lightly. As you finish the warm-up, intensify your speed to reach your intended pace and workout.
After working out on the treadmill, do several static stretches on your whole body. This is beneficial in keeping your muscles lengthened as well as preventing any muscle soreness and tightness.
Those are the basic steps on how to use a treadmill properly. However, injuries may still occur even after following those steps. It is, therefore, very important that one adheres to the following safety tips to minimize injuries and accidents, while using a treadmill:
- Always keep your treadmill in a secure place. In households with children, lock away the treadmill in a secure room.
- When not using the treadmill, ensure that the belt has been stopped.
- During bathroom or phone breaks, turn the treadmill off. Do not leave it running.
- When you turn on the treadmill, one foot should be placed on one side of the belt. Also, ensure that the belt is straddled on, when you are starting out.
- After you’ve let go of the handrails, always leave them off.
- When walking or running on a treadmill, maintain a proper form. Your back should always be kept straight, eyes focusing straight ahead and shoulders broad.
How Many Calories Are Burned On A Treadmill
Exercising on a treadmill can result to overall weight loss, due to intense burning of calories. For instance, if a person who weighs 125 pounds walks on a treadmill at a speed of 3.5 mph, they can burn up to 120 calories, for every 30 minutes spend working out on the treadmill. The 120 burnt calories equal to half an ounce of fat.
The heavier the person weighs, the more the calories burnt. If a person weighing 185 pounds walks at the same pace, and for the same duration of time, they burn up to 178 calories. The 178 burnt calories equal to 0.8 ounces of fat.
However, notice that these calories burnt are due to simple leisure walking. If one intends to burn up more calories, then they should increase the pace on treadmill. For instance, a 125-pound person running on a treadmill, at a speed of 5 mph, will burn up to 240 calories. These calories burnt are twice the calories burnt when rather walking on a treadmill. The higher the pace, the more the calories burnt.
Where To Put A Treadmill In A Small Apartment
Living in small apartment does not mean that you do a complete makeover to your home, so as to find space for your treadmill. Rather, you can simply look for a spot in your home, that is open, comfortable and does not cause any obstructions to a path. Note that treadmills should not be placed at the center of a room, or in corridors with high traffic. The following are some of the options you have on where to put your treadmill;
The garage can provide you with ample room to put your treadmill, even large-sized treadmills. This spot is also quite private, such that you can enjoy your own space and time when working out.
2.) Living Room
Execising in the living room gives you the opportunity to view the outdoors while working out. Also, you can switch on the TV and multitask watching the news or your favorite shows.
The main advantage of putting your treadmill in the bedroom is that, you get to enjoy some solitude and privacy, when working out. Also, getting started on the machine, immediately after waking up, gives one just the morning motivation that they need.
The basement provides one with not only enough space to put the treadmill, but also ample space to do the stretching exercises before and after working out. Basements have less activity, hence offer more privacy while exercising.
Leading a life that is active brings with it very many benefits. And, the best way to ensure that you live an active life is by regularly working out on a treadmill. Working out on a treadmill improves a person’s general health, tones and strengthens the body as well sheds those extra pounds. Start working out on a treadmill today, and in a short while, see yourself developing a renewed and stronger love for your better health, better look and happier life. Click here for other exercises for small spaces.