Best Portable Lightweight Massage Tables
You could be an expert in the field of massage, or simply a beginner intending to perform their own massages at home. Whichever the case, you will need a massage table. Choosing a massage table can, however, be a very difficult decision to make. After all, there are a number of massage tables available in the market, ranging from portable tables to stationary tables.
The most recommended type of massage table is the portable lightweight massage table. These types of massage tables offer numerous benefits to both the massage professional/beginner and their clients, as this article will discuss.
The Benefits of Having a Portable Lightweight Massage Table
As their name suggests, portable lightweight massage tables are usually very portable. This means that they are easy to carry around, and therefore very convenient for traveling users. Their portability is due to the fact that these massage tables are light in weight, being constructed with very light materials, such as aluminium. Aluminium material is not only lightweight, but it is also highly durable, hence guarantees the long lasting of the massage tables.
Most of these portable lightweight massage tables can also be folded into cases. Their foldability makes it possible for the masseuses to use a single massage table for all massage sessions, whether in-call or out-call. Furthermore, a client won’t be forced to look for a convenient massaging spot at their home, since the masseuse can simply fold the table and carry it along with him/her. Another advantage of the portable lightweight massage table is that it can support almost every body size and weight. This is made possible by the unique design of these massage tables. They are usually designed with two legs at every corner of the table, as well as 4 recessed legs located at the center. The inclusion of all these legs provide the table with maximum support, such that the table can support even heavy weights and large body sizes without flexing.
Saloniture Professional Portable Folding Massage Table with Carrying Case
The Saloniture portable folding massage table is a very professional kind of massage table. Its frame is made using hardwood and support cables made using heavy-duty steel material. The use of such sturdy materials give the massage table a large-weight carrying capacity. It can support a maximum weight of 450 pounds.
- The Saloniture massage table incorporates a deluxe cushioning. The top of the massage, as well as the armrest wings, also consist of plush and a layer of 2 inches of high-density foam, which all add to the overall comfortability of the table.
- The massage table package includes a face pillow. This pillow has a removable cover which can be easily removed and cleaned, to maintain the cleanliness of the massage table.
- The headrest of the massage table is designed with a strong support, such that it can neither bend nor warp.
- The legs of the Saloniture massage table are built with an anti-slip material, increasing the safety of the massage table by ensuring that it cannot slip during massage.
- The massage table is both lightweight and foldable, which makes it very convenient and portable. It comes with a carrying case, into which it can be compacted into and carried with ease.
- The cover of the massage table is made using PU synthetic leather, which is very easy to clean. This material is also highly durable and resistant to water and oil, ensuring that the massage table does not stain.
- Some of the Saloniture massage tables have been reported to have a lesser maximum weight support than the 450 lbs mentioned.
- The armrest wings are not very stable and could easily fall off.
- Premium comfort: Table features deluxe cushioning, providing the ultimate comfort for your clients. The table top and armrest wings both are composed of a plush, 2" thick layer of high-density foam, and the face pillow contains 3" of foam with a removable cover.
- Strong, sturdy support: Precision crafted of premium-grade materials, this professional massage table features a hardwood frame and durable steel support cables, designed to accommodate a maximum weight capacity up 450 pounds. The adjustable headrest features a premium composite support, resistant to bending and warping. The table legs feature secure, non-slip, non-marring feet, which prevent sliding during massage as well as provide floor protection.
- Convenient & portable: Lightweight yet sturdy construction in a streamlined fold-and-carry design makes setup and breakdown a breeze. Weighing 37 pounds, the table's compact design can even accommodate all accessories to be stored inside the table if desired. It locks securely with two professional chrome clasps, and features double handles for easy travel. Includes a durable nylon carrying case with an adjustable shoulder strap and side pocket to hold oils and supplies.
- Oil & water-proof: The entire table cover is draped in a luxurious PU synthetic leather, a highly durable, soft, and vegan-friendly material that is not only easy to clean, but has no offensive smell like other synthetic materials. It is also oil and water-proof to resist stains.
- Detachable accessories: Customize the table for each client, with an arm sling under the headrest as well as winged armrests, allowing for comfortable repositioning as needed
Luxton Home Premium Memory Foam Massage Table
The Luxton Home Premium massage table is one of the most comfortable massage tables sold in the market today. It features 2 centimeters of memory foam at the top, and 3 centimeters of regular foam at the bottom. The total 5 centimeters of foam provide premium comfort, as well as the best support for a body, at whichever angle the users position themselves. This massage table can also be easily set up and assembled, taking up to 2 minutes to set up. It can support a maximum weight of 551 lbs.
- The massage table is very lightweight, which makes it highly portable. It can be easily folded into a compact design, then carried in a bag.
- The table includes a hole at the center part, which makes it convenient for use by even the shorter people.
- The sides of the table are designed with a pouch for holding massage oils and lotions.
- The mattress of the Luxton Home Premium massage table is made using highly durable materials, while the frame is made using hardwood and heavy-duty steel support cables. These materials give the massage table a high durability.
- Each leg is designed with a knob for adjusting the height of the massage table.
- The Luxton Home Premium massage table is very expensive, compared to other similar massage tables.
- MEMORY FOAM: For premium comfort, this massage table features 5 centimeter of foam - the top 2 cm is a scientifically designed memory foam and the remaining 3cm below is regular foam. The foam combination creates the best support for the body at any angle.
- EASY SET-UP - This massage table only takes one or two minutes to set up and only have a few steps. Read the reviews to see for yourself!
- PORTABLE AND FOLDABLE: Constructed to be very sturdy and yet still lightweight for portability. It is foldable with a compact design and a carry on bag. It even comes with a face hole in the middle for shorter people and a side pouch for oils or other accessories.
- STRONG AND STURDY SUPPORT: The mattress is crafted with precision and made with high quality, durable materials. It is tested to hold a maximum weight of 250kg or 551 lbs. It is professionally made with hardwood frame and durable steel support cables.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: The memory foam massage table is built with knobs on each leg for adjustable height. It can be adjusted by turning off the knobs on the leg and take out the movable leg to adjust the height by choosing the holes on the movable leg. An then, put back onto the leg and fasten the knobs firmly.
Artechworks 84″ Professional 2 Folding Portable Lightweight Massage Table
This portable massage table is made using heavy-duty aluminium material. This material gives the table added strength, stability and durability. The easy portability and convenience of the Artechworks 84-inch massage table is responsible for its wide use in clinics, health centers, massage centers, beauty parlors and even in homes.
- The Artechworks 84-inch massage table is designed with several layers of thick and high-density padding, which adds to the comfortability of the massage table.
- The height of the massage table can be easily and quickly adjusted to fit the client’s/masseuse’ preference. This is made possible by the incorporated adjusters in the table’s legs.
- This massage table is very safe, as it is built with non-skid foot pads which prevent the table from wobbling or squeaking.
- The headrest of the massage table can be easily adjusted to accommodate every angle that the client rests.
- The Artechworks 84-inch massage table is made using light aluminium, which makes it easy to carry around. Furthermore, the massage table package comes with a carrying case, into which the table can be easily folded and stored.
- The support rounds used to balance the massage table tend to be loose and can easily fall out.
- The package does not include extra features, such as side arm attachments.
- Comfort and Smooth:The massage Table is precision crafted with the sturdy woods, 2.56" thick of multilayer high-density luxury padding to ensure a more comfortable massage experience.
- Professional: Push-Button numbered leg adjusters for quick, easy and accurate height adjustment.Non-skid, non-mark foot pads keep the table from becoming wobbly or squeaky.
- Usage: The massage table is widely used in professional therapy clinics,massage centers,salon, health club,beauty parlor and home.
- Lightweight&Sturdiness: Our massage table with Aluminium Leg is your best choice which offers perfect client comfort and experience with lightweight convenience and quality performance.Specially designed sturdy frame structure make it a table with exceptional stability.Product Weight: 27.6 lbs
- Function & Dimensions: The adjustable head rest allows the client to be put in different positions. Table Dimensions: 83.86" Long (with face cradle) x 27.95"Wide, Adjustable Height: 25" to 33.27".It can be folded into a compact size and comes with a free carrying bag for easy transport and storage.
Sierra Comfort All Inclusive Portable Massage Table
The Sierra Comfort All-Inclusive Portable Massage Table is a very popular type of massage table in the market, following the fact that its package includes almost every set of accessories necessary for a complete massage table. Similar to the other durable massage tables, the frame of the Sierra Comfort massage table is made using hardwood and double support wires. These give the table its high durability and added stability. It can support a maximum weight of 400 lbs.
- This massage table incorporates 2 inches of high-density foam, which makes the table more comfortable for a more relaxing massage experience.
- The hardwood material making the frame of the Sierra Comfort massage table is very lightweight, which makes the massage table highly portable and easy to carry around when traveling.
- The massage table can also be folded for easier mobility and storage.
- The height of the table can be easily adjusted, as it is built with 9 points of adjustment.
- The assembling process of the Sierra Comfort massage table is very simple, and does not require any tools whatsoever.
- The Sierra Comfort massage table tends to squeak a lot during massage.
- The screws of the legs don’t really tighten and appear stripped.
- Beech Hardwood Frame / Multiple Frame Support Cables / Threaded Support Bar
- 2” High Density Foam Deck / Water & Oil Resistant PU Leather Upholstery
- Tabletop Dimensions: 73” x 28” / Height (Adjustable): 25.5” x 33.5” / Folded/Closed Table: 37” x 28” x 7”
- Table Weight: 31 lbs / 400 lbs Working Weight Capacity
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Face Cradle (SC-514), Face Cushion (SC-524), Sheet Set (SC-508), Threaded Support Bar, 2-Year Limited Warranty
MaxKare Folding Massage Table Portable Facial SPA Professional Massage Bed With Carrying Bag
The durability of the MaxKare Folding massage table cannot be put to question. The frame of this massage table is made using hardwood, as well as support cables built with heavy-duty steel material. These materials are what give this massage table its high durability and a large-weight carrying capacity. The maximum weight that this massage table can support is 496 lbs.
- The height of the MaxKare Folding massage table can be easily adjusted from 24 inches to 25 inches, so as to fit each client. This is made possible by the face brackets incorporated into the structure of these tables.
- This massage table is built with a foldable design, which makes it easier to carry and store the table.
- The bed frame of the MaxKare Folding massage table has a large-sized width and length, which supports all angle positions of the users.
- The massage table is designed with a high quality cover made using high-grade PU leather, which is not only highly durable, but also prevents any pungent odors from developing in the table cover.
- It is incorporated with an high-strength soft sponge of 2 inches, which make the massage table even more comfortable for a good massage experience.
- The incorporated instructions for locking the headrest are a bit complicated and unclear.
- The hole built in the table is usually backed using hard plastic, which can be quite uncomfortable at the chin area.
- The portable massage table Include a free carry case. The portable lash bed can be folded up and carried away easily.
- The massage table is also equipped with detachable headrest, arm sling and armrests. Which makes the massage bed suitable for all use.
- The height adjustment range of the massage table is 24-35 inches which is very friendly to the masseur that they can adjust to the most convenient height to work.
- The lash bed is made of reinforced hardwood with sturdy steel support cables. The max weight capacity is 496 lbs. Which makes the massage bed suitable for majority of people.
- The leather of the massage table is high quality materials. Oil and water-proof leather covering makes the massage table truly comfortable, filled with high-density foam. Top grade durability & comfort level.
The Top Ten Benefits of a Full Body Massage
Full body massages have been known to do wonders on a person’s body. They stimulate almost every part of the body, bringing lasting benefits to those being massaged. The following are ten major benefits of a full body massage;
1.) Refreshes the Skin
As a masseuse massages a person, they rub their hands on the person’s skin. The resulting slight friction, combined with the relaxing lotion and massage oil, tends to cause exfoliation of the skin. This gentle exfoliation helps to shed off stubborn dead skin cells, and allows new skin cells to develop. Your skin is therefore made cleaner and more beautiful, increasing its shine. More so, the massage oil and lotions moisturize the skin, preventing its dryness.
2.) Improves Blood Circulation
Full body massage facilitates circulation and the flow of blood in the body’s circulatory system. As a person massages another, they make regular rubbing motions on the skin. This gentle rubbing works to press out the person’s blood, as well as their lymphatic fluids. The end result will therefore be improved blood circulation.
Blood and lymphatic fluids also carry lots of nutrients, oxygen and antigens (cells that fight diseases). When these fluids and blood are pushed to other parts of the body, they spread these essential components to these other body parts, bringing even more health benefits to the person.
3.) Reduces Pain and Swelling
Having a full body massage can help to relax the body muscles. When the muscles are relaxed, pain which is caused by either tension or stress is also reduced. This type of massage also boosts the body’s circulation, which in turn helps to clear swollen areas.
For those people who perform intensive workouts, having a full body massage is therefore highly recommended. This is because, it promotes an extra blood flow, which in turn increases the speed in which the body repairs itself. This helps to bring about faster healing.
4.) Eliminates Toxins in the Body
The body’s lymphatic system is responsible for eliminating the toxins present in the body. However, this system only moves when a person moves or stretches. Only then do the lymphatic fluids move, clearing any toxins found in the body.
Having a full body massage, however, helps to move the lymphatic fluids throughout the body system. As the fluids move, they detox the body, leaving a person feeling revitalized.
5.) Boosts the Immune System
In addition to carrying and eliminating toxins from the blood stream, the lymphatic system also carries antigens, WBCs (White Blood Cells), and other disease-fighting components of the immune system, in its fluid.
Since getting a full body massage facilitates movement of the lymphatic fluid, we can conclude that the massage helps to boost a person’s immune system. This is because, as the fluid moves in the body, so do the immune system components. This leads to the overall improvement in the functioning of the immune system. So, if you wish to get through the cold and flu season without getting sick, you might as well just get a massage.
6.) Boosts the Digestive Health
Full body massages promote the production of essential digestive fluids by the body, such as saliva, insulin, gastric juice, among other fluids. These fluids are essential for digestion, hence, boost a person’s digestive health.
For example, there is a type of full body massage know as the Swedish massage. This type of massage includes a particular abdominal massage, which mainly focuses on the large intestines. The Swedish massage improves the functioning of the large intestines, helping the body to absorb the ingested nutrients better, hence getting the maximum benefits from the foods consumed.
7.) Good for the Heart
The heart muscles are myogenic, which means that they never stop. However, that does not mean that the heart won’t benefit from a rest. As a person is being massaged, their body gets into a ‘rest and digest’ mode. This mode has an impact on both the blood pressure, as well as the heart rate. It helps the heart to relax, as well as the overall cardiovascular system. When the heart relaxes, the blood circulation system is in turn improved.
8.) Deep Breathing
Before you can begin getting your full body massage, the first thing you will be required to do is to take a few, deep breaths. Taking deep breaths before your massage will help to reduce your stress, as well as calm your body.
Also, during the massage, a person’s breathing automatically becomes deeper, causing the person to feel more relaxed. Such deep breathing also helps to refresh a person’s body, as they take in more of the life-giving oxygen. Furthermore, the resulting improved circulation in the body, caused by the full body massage, will ensure that this oxygen is transmitted effectively in the body.
9.) Musculoskeletal Benefits
The body muscles can be compared to sponges; their contraction squeezes out blood and lymph fluids, while their relaxation allows entry of fresh blood. When fresh blood enters into the muscles, it brings with it fresh nutrients, antibodies and oxygen, boosting the health of these muscles. Full body massages facilitate the contraction and relaxation of the muscles, hence contribute to such musculoskeletal benefits.
Full body massages also function to increase the blood circulation in the body. Increased blood circulation leads to increased blood supply, which in turn eliminates harmful products in the blood, such as lactic acid. Elimination of lactic acid from the blood prevents cramps, as well as muscle soreness and fatigue. More so, such full body massages help to mobilize the joints, providing beneficial tension to a person’s muscles and ligaments.
10.) Improved Bone Blood Supply
Just like the muscles, bones also consist of blood supply. They, therefore, benefit in the same way from full body massage, as do the muscles. Full body massages boost the blood flow in the circulatory system, and also in the bones. The increased blood flow leads to effective transportation of calcium and other essential minerals to the bones. These essential minerals increase the strength of the bones, boosting their functionality.
Research shows that approximately 77% of Americans experience symptoms caused by daily stress. However, it is not just Americans who suffer from stress; we all experience stress from the day-to-day pressures. So, just set aside some time for yourself, and get a full body massage. And, don’t just get a full body massage, but get a full body massage on a portable lightweight massage table. You will be giving your body the maximum benefits that it has for long been waiting for.