The Best Extendable Dining Tables For Your Small Space
There’s nothing like having friends and family over for good times and new memories. But if you have a small space you will need a place for them to sit, eat and enjoy. Of course, having a number of chairs around your place can work, but there’s something like having everyone at one table that is hard to replace. Expandable dining tables can be exactly what your need. These extendable tables can not only give you the eating space when you need extra, but they also can be dismantled or de-expanded (if that’s a word) to give you back your space when not needed.
We’ve found and curated a number of extendable dining tables for all sizes and decor. In addition, we bring to you only the ones that are reviewed highly to save you browsing time. Enjoy.
Stakmore Traditional Expanding Table Finish, Fruitwood
This Stakmore Expanding Table can start as console table – but with a few simple steps can be transformed into a game table.
Need more space, then just add two additional leaves and it expands into a dining table with a fifth leg for support. So it can start from space for one to space for up to eight! And then when your company has left it virtually disappears giving you your space back. Click for more info.
- Traditional table with versatile, expandable design (chairs not included)
- Includes 2 leaves for expanding the table.
- Overall Dimensions: 40"W x 20"L x 30.3"H – Console Table | Game table dimensions: 40"W x 40"L x 30"H | Dining table dimensions: 40"W x 72"L x x 30"H
- Premium solid wood construction with veneer top surfaces
- Easy assembly
Driness Drop Leaf Console Dining Table
The Driness Drop Leaf Table is, small space dining at its best! Easy-use drop leaf smoothly operates for a dining table that converts to a console in seconds. It can be your personal work table, but in seconds, be able to seat 4-6 people. Weathered oak tabletop and black metal legs make a great team, simple lines and contemporary composition work well with any style. Feast your eyes on a good time with this gate-leg table as a dinette, table tennis locale, or desk. Click for more info.
- Stylish and functional drop leaf table converts from console table to dining table that seats four to six people
- Modern, minimalist style updates the dining room, kitchen space, or living room
- Weathered oak with black finish combines with a mixed media composition for easy contemporary style
- Versatile furniture piece is made with MDF, paper veneer, and powder-coated metal tube
- Table weighs 66 pounds and measures 63 inches wide x 31.5 inches deep x 29.5 inches high when fully opened
Armen Living Ivan Extendable Dining Table with Tempered Glass
The Armen Living Ivan contemporary extendable dining table is a wonderful addition to the modern dining room. The Gray glass top is coupled with an elegant brushed stainless steel base that gives the Ivan a unique and original flair. The table can be extended by simply pulling at one end, no additional storage necessary, the table extension is tucked under the table top. The versatility and style of this table make it a standout piece of furniture. Click for more info.
- The Ivan modern brushed stainless steel and glass extendable dining table will add a look of refinement to your already beautiful home
- Added extension feature adds versatility to this elegant dinner table
- Beautiful tempered glass top features elegant gray tint
- The table is topped with tempered glass, giving it the proper strength to endure any accident
- Sturdy steel construction will give you years of enjoyment
WINSOME Lynden Dining, Antique Walnut
Lynden Drop Leaf Dining Table is functional and space saving perfect for small dining rooms, kitchen or other small areas. Daily use table top surface is 29.92″ square. For extra space, this table includes a Drop Leaf with surface area of 17.95’W x 29.92″D. Fully Expand table surface is 47.87″W x 29.92″D x 29.53″H. Slide out leg to prop up drop leaf. Constructed from solid wood. Assembly Required. Click for more info.
- Lynden Drop Leaf Dining Table is functional and space saving perfect for kitchen or small area. Features pull out leg to support the large table leaf which accommodates up to 6 people. Great for kitchen or game room and any décor.
- Fully Expand table surface is 47.87"W x 29.92"D x 29.53"H. Daily use is square 30" x 30" Top.
- For extra space, this table includes a Drop Leaf with surface area of 17.95'W x 29.92"D.
- Constructed from solid wood in Antique Walnut Finish. Assembly Required.
Trithi Furniture – Fullerton Solid Wood Extendable Dining Table
Trithi Dining Furniture proudly presents one of our finest furniture, the Fullerton Solid Wood Extendable Dining Table. The table was made with a 100% Solid Asian Hardwood. There are 2 variations for the table legs, BLACK and White with a Cherry Color Tabletop. Extended, the table can sit up to 8 people. Unlike the traditional Extendable Tables, our Trithi Furniture’s products can be extended easily and effortlessly by our well designed and hidden Butterfly leaves at the center section. Please note that simple assembly is required. Click for more info.
- 100% Asian Solid Wood
- Table can be Extended Easily and Effortlessly by our Well Design and Hidden Butterfly Leaves
- Finished with White Legs and Cherry Color Tabletop
- Table Dimension (inch): L:66/48, W:38, H:30.00
- Chairs are Sold Separately and Simple Assembly is Required for the Table
KET-WHI-TP a Pedestal Oval Dining Table
Oval dining tables which has versatile 18” extendable leaf for extra visitors if needed. Simple assembly required. When the larger footprint isn’t needed just remove the provided leaf and your oval dining table turns into a circular dining table – easy. This particular Kenley dining room table gives attractiveness and straight forward decor for a comfortable and peaceful effect with a user-friendly touch of elegance. Finish in Buttermilk and cherry color. Include: Kenley Single Pedestal Oval Dining Table 42″x60″ with 18″ Butterfly Leaf. Click for more info.
- A Glorious Wood Table makes a cozy addition to any kitchen or classic dining area. This wonderful wood dining table facilitates an affectionate family emotion. The Frame of this wood dining table will boost the beauty of your living area.
- Cherry color Tabletop and Buttermilk finish hardwood pedestal legs give modern look to this wood table. This amazing round dining table creates an excellent addition for all kitchen space and corresponds all sorts of dining area aspects.
- Wood construction and hardwood tabletop offer a sturdy trend, while the included 18-inch self-storage expansion leaf provides the greatest convenience. the wood dining table is manufactured of pure Asian hardwood for durability and fantastic stability.
- This Round Wooden Dining Table gives high-quality design with a touch of class to add strong attractiveness to any dining area or kitchen. The Round kitchen table functions a Buttermilk finish that complements a variety of decorative themes.
- Dimensions of the amazing solid wood pedestal dining table are: Length 42/60; Width 42; Height 30
The Beauty And Practicality Of Extendable Dining Tables
Family and friends. There’s nothing like it. Most of our most happiest memories include our family and friends. But due to the limited space that many have because of smaller and smaller apartments (with bigger and bigger costs) it can be a challenge to entertain them. So it helps to find ways to creatively use the space we have left.
Extendable dining tables can fit the bill. Having an expandable eating option that can “shrink” out the way when not in use is a wonderful way to entertain en masse. And depending on its shrunken size this will affect where you can store them when not in use. But of course, depending on your space requirements you may not need to store it away. Your space may be just enough for an expandable table to stay out. But for some even if it stays out it stays out without its full length. And that means having a place to store any leaves your piece may have.
But once your table is open to its full glory make sure you have allowed space for one’s moving about behind and around your table. For this reason researching the fully open and fully closed measurements in relation to your existing space is necessary. It won’t benefit you if your table, fully extended, causes more headaches than not.
How To Expand An Expandable Dining Table?
Before answering that question one needs to understand that there are different types of expandable dining tables. And each type has a different way to expand them. For example, the ones we found for you above each have a unique way to expand because they have different designs.
Simple Drop Leaf Extendable Dining Table
These types of extending tables make use of a drop leaf feature. When this leaf is down it usually hangs vertically on the side of the dining table. This allows one to place the table closer to the wall or have more space in the table area for other needs. But when needed this leap can be propped up, flush with the rest of the table thus extending the eating space. In most cases this leaf can stays up with the use of an included additional “leg” made for that purpose.
Multi Leaf Drop Leaf Extendable Dining Table
Multi leaf drop down dining tables work similarly to the Simple type table except for the fact there are more than one leaf. For example, the Driness drop leaf table above has two leaves that drop down, both leaves on both sides of the main eating section. As needed one can pull up one leaf or both leaves depending the space needed.
Add A Leaf Expandable Dining Tables
Add a leaf expanding tables are the most popular form of expanding a dining table. These types of tables comes with leaves that can be added to your table as needed. The amount of leaves that come with these tables represent the max length the tables can be extended.
Pull Out Expandable Dining Tables
Pull out expanding tables have the advantage of not needing separate leaves. Their extensions are part of the design. And like the Armen Living Ivan Extendable Dining Table above, one just needs to pull out the table at the short ends which allows the extension to be reveals and rise flush with the rest of the table top thus extending it’s top.
Pop Up Expanding Dining Table
Pop up dining tables are almost futuristic. Many of them can serve a number of different purposes due to its ability to “rise” to the occasion as needed. For example, the Spacemaster Expanding X Lift Coffee and Dining Table can start at its lowest as a coffee table. But rise higher to be a small dining table. But this piece has a next extra feature. Once at its highest one of its layers can flip open and double the eating space in seconds.
What To Consider Before Buying Extendable Dining Tables
Entertaining is always fun. Whether a small crowd or a large one, the mix of friends, family and even new associations creates wonderful memories. And the enjoyment is enhanced when all that are visiting have space to relax, eat and enjoy each other’s company. That’s why, especially if you have a small space, a convertible table is essential. It can expand to accommodate the additional people and then nicely close up or “shrink” to give you your space back. But before selecting the right convertible table here are some things you can consider:
Selecting The Right Convertible Table For Small Apartments
With a small apartment, size matters. So before buying a dining table for your small apartment make note of what the expanded size of the table is. It’s no fun when guests come by and your expanded table (which fit so perfectly un expanded) causes too tight a space to eat or walk around. Sometimes this can be fixed with a twist or even a relocation of the table. Or, at times, moving other appliances temporarily can make the table work. But doing your due diligence and measuring your space needs comes in handy.
Not All Dining Tables For Small Spaces That Expand Are The Same
As convenient as it is to have a table that can expand when needed, find out from reviews if its an easy expansion. Some tables need more than one person to help it expand. In some cases the expansion pieces needs to be placed on the dining table to help it grow. But in some cases the weight of the expansion task may not be as easy as you hope. So, before anyone comes by, practice expanding your table a couple of times so there won’t be any awkward moments when company comes by.
Should You Go With A DIY Extendable Dining Table?
This is juicy thought for those handy men and women out there. Imagine being able to design your own expanding dining table that is the perfect fit for your room, expanded and unexpanded. You can even chose the right wood for your decor. If you’re very handy, matching chairs or benches can be designed. If a DIY dining table is the way you want to go, Google and YouTube are your best friends.