Best Indoor Alexa Compatible Security Cameras
Having a security camera system is necessary feature for most homes due to the increase of crime. But these cameras also allow us to keep in touch with what’s happening in the baby’s room or to see how are pet’s are doing when we’re not home. They can be used for so many reasons – helping us to keep our peace of mind. But having an alexa compatible security camera makes it even more appealing. The Alexa compatibility adds a audio and visual feature that makes these cameras we’ve found an excellent choice for your home security needs.
Arlo Pro 2 Indoor/Outdoor HD Security Camera – Alexa Compatible
The Arlo Pro 2 keeps an eye on your home while you’re away, in brilliant 1080p HD quality. Put the 100% wire-free, weather-resistant camera anywhere, indoors or out. Can use rechargeable batteries or plugged in. Packed with features. Click for more info.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 100 percent Wire free : Free of power cords and wiring hassles
- 1080p HD : High quality video with sharper and brighter details
- Activity Zones : Highlight areas in your camera's view where you want to receive motion alerts (Available when plugged in and used indoors)
- Optional 24/7 Continuous Video Recording : Upgrade to keep nonstop recordings in the cloud (Available when plugged in and used indoors)
Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Security Camera – Alexa Compatible (2 Pack)
Wyze Cam V2 delivers fast, clear, live stream footage direct to your smartphone via the wyze app (iOS and Android), day or night. With motion and sound detection you can receive an alert anytime your wyze Cam V2 detects sound and motion, and view up to 14 days of saved alert videos for free. Click for more info.
- 1080P Full HD live stream direct to your smartphone day or night with night vision (up to 30 feet away). works with 2. 4GHz Wi-Fi networks (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi)
- Motion tagging technology detects and outlines motion in both live stream and playback video modes
- Wyze Cam automatically records a 12-second Event Video when it detects motion or sounds. Videos are securely uploaded to the AWS cloud via end-to-end encryption and are accessible for 14 days — no subscription or monthly fees required.
- Continuous recording with local storage - Wyze Cam supports local storage of recordings to a microSD card (sold separately). Play back videos with your Wyze app to solve life’s mysteries. Local Storage - Supports 8GB, 16GB and 32GB microSD cards in FAT32 format
- Magnetic base, 6-foot power cable and included adhesive metal plate let you mount your Wyze Cam anywhere - no screws required.Field of View:110° lens
Heimvision HM205 1080P Alexa Compatible Indoor Security Camera
The Heimvision HM205 wireless security camera has a 360° pan, night vision, motion detection and auto tracking making it the perfect camera for monitoring your baby or pet. Optional cloud storage allows to play stored footage. You can also share footage with others. Can stand alone or be mounted on wall/ceiling. Click for more info.
- 360 Degree Coverage: Get a full view of your home with 110 degree wide viewing angle and 355 degree pan plus 55 degree tilt, and keep more of what matters to you safe. You can put your HM205 home security camera on a shelf, mount it to the wall or mount it to your ceiling.
- 1080P HD Video w/ Night Vision: Your HeimVision HM205 home camera delivers crystal clear 1080P HD video. Night vision range up to 33 feet in low light or in the dark. With HeimVision indoor camera, you can keep an eye on your baby, pet, nanny or elder at anytime from anywhere using your smartphone or computer. 24/7 live streaming.
- Motion Detection and 2-way Audio: When there's movement, your HeimVision IP camera senses it and sends alert to you via message or email. The HM205 security camera has a built-in speaker and mic, so you can hear what is happening at home. Or tell the dog to get off the couch.
- Optional Cloud Storage Service: Support ONLY 1-month AWS cloud of 72 hours storage (with no charge) recording to avoid risk of losing footage from a microSD card, and ensures all your footage is safe, secure, and protected with the most efficient compression and highest protection of data. You can review, save, playback and share footage at any time. Also supports local backup by microSD card up to 128 GB.
- Easy setup and Works with Alexa: Quick setup via iOS and Android devices by the user-friendly App Pixplus-EN/Pixplus. Connecting the 2. 4Ghz Wi-Fi(5Ghz is not supported), and follow instructions step by step to set up. The wireless security camera supports remotely view via mobile phone app. Get to know what's happening in your house whenever and wherever. Compatible with Alexa, you can view your live video with a simple voice command.
Wansview Wireless Indoor Alexa Compatible Security Camera
- 【1080P Full HD WiFi IP Camera】With 1080P full HD resolution, wansview home camera displays a crystal clear smooth live video, you can keep an eye on your home anytime anywhere. Camera works with 2.4G WiFi（5G is not supported)
- 【Two-way Audio & Works with Alexa】Built-in microphone & speaker offers to communicate with your love when you are out. Works with Alexa, ask Alexa to show your front door, baby room, or anywhere else you have your wansview wifi camera.
- 【Smat Pan/Tilt/Zoom & Crystal Night Vision】105° wide-angle enhanced lens combined with 320° horizontal & 80° vertical rotation range create a complete 360° coverage and 4X digital zoom to enlarge the video to see details clearly. 4 pcs 940nm IR Leds give you clear Black/White picture in pitch dark up to 5 meters, no light pollution.
- 【Real-time Motion Detection Alert】 Alert notification and 10s video will be sent to your phone, just open Wansview cloud app to check quickly what is going on, will not miss any important movements. SD card and Cloud Storage are optional.
- 【Security and Privacy Protection】Financial Encryption Technology for cloud storage, the highest protection of the data for privacy. No one could access to your camera or information without your permission.
Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Alexa Compatible Indoor Security Camera
The Wyze Cam indoor security camera can pan, tilt, and zoom with 360 degree rotation. You can even live stream in full HD and can use two-way audio to communicate to family or pets. Click for more info.
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) lets you control Wyze Cam Pan remotely using the Wyze app so you can see every angle of your room while you’re away, on demand. Or, have Wyze Cam Pan monitor your room automatically with the Pan Scan feature by setting 4 predefined waypoints. Panning has a 360° left/right rotation range and tilting has a 93° vertical up/down range.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p - 1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam Pan can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 6 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Voice Controlled? You got it! - Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door, how your baby’s doing, or if your 3D printer has finished printing. Wyze Cam Pan is only compatible with the 2. 4GHz WiFi network (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi) and Apple (iOS) and Android mobile devices.
The Need for Security Cameras in Homes Today
In the modern world, security cameras are being adopted by many homes and commercial businesses. This has been so, following the increasing insecurity levels in the world. Especially in the houses, security cameras are almost becoming a basic need. Statistics reveal that in America, more than 35 million people have one type of security systems installed in their homes. This shows just how much of a need the security cameras are. At homes, these cameras are used for serving multiple purposes.
For instance, security cameras are used for scaring off thieves and intruders. Some burglars break into homes when the owners leave, while others dare to break into the houses even when there are people present. With a security camera in the home, thieves and intruders are kept away. And, in cases where thieves have enough courage to break into the houses, the security cameras provide evidence of footage. The footage can, then, be forwarded to the police for identification and finding of the intruders.
Security cameras, also, help the homeowners to identify the people coming to their homes. You may have visitors coming over to your place. Security cameras will help you to identify them when they visit, such that you do not encounter cases where you open doors for unwanted people. You can always see who is at your gate and door, from whichever room in the house.
Another need for security cameras in homes today is that; they can help you identify any disturbances in your house. Sometimes, a home resident may hear some noise downstairs or from another room. Especially when one is alone at home, they may be reluctant to check on the source of the sound. In such cases, security cameras in homes come in handy. A person, then, no longer needs to approach the noise source. Instead, they can check using security cameras.
Different Types of Indoor Security Cameras
For most of us, we are very familiar with the outdoor CCTV cameras. We see them at the airports, at a high-security building, the train station, among other places. However, you should note that the outdoor CCTV camera is not the only type of security camera that exists. There are many different types of security cameras available in the market today. Among these are the indoor security cameras.
As the name suggests, indoor security cameras are those security cameras that are installed inside the homes and offices. These indoor cameras are used for keeping an eye on the indoors. There are three main types of indoor security cameras; wired surveillance cameras, wireless surveillance cameras, and IP cameras.
1.) Wired Surveillance Cameras
This type of indoor security camera makes use of data cables. These data cables are generally spread across a certain perimeter. They are responsible for the sending and receiving of signals.
The wired surveillance camera has three main components. First, it includes the recorder, which is used for recording a video that is being captured. Second, it consists of data cables. These cables are designed for connecting the cameras to the monitor. Third, there is a monitor. This is for viewing the video that has already been recorded.
2.) Wireless Surveillance Cameras
Unlike wired surveillance cameras, wireless cameras use high-speed wireless Internet. Digital packets are encoded and created so that signals are transmitted to the recording devices as well as the control panel.
The wireless surveillance cameras are best suited for those surveillance systems that require being spread over large areas. They are, also, most ideal for those surveillance systems that have large numbers of interlinked components. They are very efficient in such cases since most of the wireless surveillance cameras are designed as being portable and small in size.
3.) IP Camera
The IP camera makes use of the LAN network for transmission of video data that is in digitalized form. It is prevalent for its ability to provide very secure transfers of data. The IP camera provides such secure communications by using different authentication and encryption techniques, such as the WPA, AES, and TKIP.
The main advantage of the IP cameras is that they can be operated even when there are no power supplies. Instead, the IP camera makes use of the power produced by the Ethernet protocol technology. Another advantage of these cameras is that a person can connect and monitor them using mobile phones and any other devices that have wireless networks.
5 Uses For Indoor Security Cameras
When most people think about security cameras, what first comes to their minds is protection from burglars. Indeed, security cameras help a great deal in bringing the homeowners a sense of security and peace of mind. However, indoor security cameras provide so much more than just protection from burglars.
The following are five more uses for indoor security systems.
1.) Monitor What Happens In Your Absence
80% of accidents at home happen when people are away. For instance, people go on vacation only to come back to already burned homes. In most cases, the causes of these accidents remain unidentified for long time durations.
Indoor security cameras at home are beneficial in cases of accidents. They help homeowners determine what happened in their absence. When accidents occur, they can also be used to determine the underlying causes of whatever happened. More so, when security alarms at home go off, the security cameras can be used to determine what is going on. Any suspicious activity that is happening in your home vicinity can also be detected using the installed security cameras.
For those who have housekeepers, they can use the indoor security cameras to monitor their activities and ensure that they are correctly doing the activities that they were assigned to do.
2.) Baby Monitoring
For those who have babies, indoor security cameras can serve as their nannies. These “nanny cameras” help parents, who are away from home, to watch on their babies as well as the babies’ caretakers. These indoor security cameras are synced with the parents’ smartphones or computers. This means that the cameras provide feeds to the parents, facilitating the monitoring of babies.
Most of these indoor security cameras come with their developed applications. Using these provided applications, the parents and guardians can view the live footage. Indoor security cameras not only make it possible to monitor the caretakers, from wherever one is but also makes it possible for a parent to check on the kids regularly. This they can do using the wireless surveillance cameras.
Therefore, indoor security cameras can be used by parents who are either away from home or even just in different rooms to monitor their babies and kids.
3.) Caring for Others
For those who live with their senior or ailing loved ones, indoor security cameras can help in caring for these. With the cameras, a person is not required to stay in the home compounds and forego all outdoor activity, to take care of the aged or ailing relative. A person can freely go to the office or go about any other outdoor business, without stressing about it. After all, the security cameras work to monitor the relative’s safety, providing information to the homeowners, wherever they are.
Pets and animals can also be checked upon using security cameras. In other words, when you are away from home, indoor security cameras make it possible for you to watch over your loved ones from wherever you are.
4.) Natural Disaster Documentation
Indoor security systems come in handy when insurance issues over natural home havoc arise. Insurance claims are not that easy deals. They tend to be too straining and stressing to people. When natural disasters damage homes, the installed indoor security cameras provide evidence of the damages. The evidence can be in the form of photos or videos. When the insurance companies come to access the damages caused in the homes, the evidence from these cameras helps to make the processing activities quite faster. Faster processing, in turn, ensures quick recovery, of the homeowners, from natural disasters.
Even when natural disasters have not yet happened, it is essential to take precautions. One significant way of taking precautions would be installing indoor security cameras in your home. When the calamities strike, these cameras will protect your investments and ensure that the future of your family is secured.
5.) Home Automation
Modern technology has advanced even in the world of cameras. Some indoor security cameras have been designed such that they can notice when home residents are away. They have been programmed to communicate with other home devices and perform activities such as automatically turning on or off the lights. They can also adjust the home temperatures when the home residents leave.
For such to happen, a homeowner has to find the right smart home indoor cameras that are designed with such integrations. Then, they can set their smart home and leave the indoor security cameras to do their thing. An example of such a smart indoor security camera is the Nest Indoor Camera.
Benefits of an Alexa Compatible Indoor Security Camera
The modern invention, Alexa, has grown to become both the consumers’ and developers’ favorite virtual assistant. Alexa is an acronym for Amazon Alexa. It is a forerunner of the Al concerned assistants and can respond to any voice commands made in homes.
Most modern technology devices are compatible with Alexa, not leaving out indoor security cameras. Having indoor security cameras that can be integrated with Alexa comes with so many benefits. These benefits are due to the skills associated with Alexa. The following are some of the benefits (capabilities) of an Alexa Compatible Indoor Security Camera;
1.) Enables Voice Commands
This is the primary benefit of Alexa compatible indoor security cameras. A homeowner can make any voice commands related to the cameras, and Alexa will respond to these. This aspect of Alexa cameras makes homes not only secure but also more comfortable to live in. All you need is to say a word, and you’ll get your wishlist activity done in seconds. For instance, you can say ‘pan camera,’ and the camera will pan to provide a better view.
The cameras also include a two-way voice system. This can be used to communicate with other family members or even holler at the intruders.
2.) Alarm Clocks Can Be Included
Alexa compatible indoor security cameras can have alarm clocks included in them. The alarm clocks can be used to wake residents up, or even give essential reminders in the day.
3.) Provides Information on Weather
Most Alexa compatible security cameras are designed such that they can tell about the local weather conditions. This they are programmed to do, especially after the sounding of the morning alarm. A homeowner can program this skill on the indoor security cameras manually. Alternatively, the indoor security camera system learns to do this if the homeowner has the habit of checking on the weather, shortly after they wake up.
4.) Security Skills
Alexa compatible indoor security cameras are known to provide better security systems than other security cameras. This is because they come with many added security components that are not available in other indoor cameras. For instance, with the Alexa compatible indoor cameras, a homeowner can arm the security system in either ‘Home’ or ‘Away’ mode. Also, the homeowner can disarm the system by saying a set PIN.
5.) Enable Recording
Most indoor security cameras are motion-activated. However, only the Alexa compatible indoor security systems can be used to record scenes. The Alexa assistant activates these indoor security cameras such that they can record clips and even move.
6.) Enables Setting of Scenes
With Alexa virtual assistant, indoor security cameras can be used to set scenes. For instance, a homeowner can create a ‘Goodnight scene.’ A single phrase would activate this scene. It can be set to perform activities such as adjusting the lights, adjusting the home temperatures, and enabling the home alarm system. Each stage is set to perform operations that the residents prefer, and activating such scenes is quite an easy task.
Indeed, installing indoor security cameras in your home is worth the investment. Better yet, install for your home, not just any indoor security camera, but an Alexa compatible indoor security camera. By doing that, you will have provided for yourself and your family not only the best security system but also a comfortable, relaxed environment to live in.